Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in a middle of a sniper build at the moment and I have a strange hop up thing, the nub is a mr hop (maple leaf) the hop up chamber is stock so i can not put a nub yet (im gonna put a omega nub inside) but the trigger system is a springer custom works s-trigger (very satisfied with it) and the piston is a springer custom works (the sexy one) with the laylax 190 (i know overkill but it will be a 170 very soon).
when i shoot a 50. bb it does not go straight it arcs for 35 m and falls down the hop is all the way up but and when i shoot a 43. bb the hop also all the way up the bb goes in a arc and falls also after 40 m, now i dont know why it arcs and why it goes only 40m, the gun will soon receive a new barrel (raven 6.01 430mm) and a new hop up chamber (maple leaf one), will that help the gun with the range and will it be a better path for the BB ? :shrug:

·
Registered
691 Posts
You said mr hop nub but I think you meant bucking because you want the omega nub. The stock chamber/arm probably doesn’t work well with the mr hop. You can get arms that accept nubs for a stock chamber but they are mostly over seas as far as I know. Like Skirmshop. Aa chamber Is a good option. Omega nub would probably help your issue, as long as everything else is in working order such as air seal. But a panthera or masada nub fits an AA chamber Window nicely. I also think they are better nubs. Oh and I forget what barrels you mentioned while I was typing this, but make sure they are unbridged for maple leaf set ups.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i was in a hurry writing, its a bucking.
I am from EU and ordered couple of times from skirmish they are awesome.
Dont know if im gonna go for the AA chamber as it is the good old reliable or maybe try the maple leaf one and write a review on it to help others out.
The barrel is bridged but its not a problem I can sand it down (i did that a couple of times )

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,144 Posts
Maple leaf chamber is just a prettier stock one. They are practically identical otherwise. I would suggest the new airsoft philosopher chamber which a philosopher barrel and bucking. The maple leaf holds very little improvement over the stock one. The action army is old reliable. The airsoft philosopher is now widely regarded on this forum as the best on the market right now. It is, however, the most expensive. But it is also the best. Make of that what you will.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
unfortunately airsoft philosopher does not ship to Croatia, price is not a matter to me this time as i want to make the build perfect and reliable, looks like the action army wins this round.

·
proverbial discord mod wannabe
1,144 Posts
Only semi relevant but-
In Croatia, I think it might be difficult for some of the guys who make one piece receivers to ship to you, so maybe you could buy the new bulltrigger one piece reciever. It also happens to have a tdc so you could use that to great effect with the action army hopup unit.
Ah, and don't buy the pdi, airsoft pro, jj airsoft, maple leaf or layalx hopup units. They are all more trouble than they are worth.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i was planning to make my own twisted external barrel and thought about adding a tdc but now i will add it 100%, as i have a milling machine and a lathe that would be a fun project. tnx for the advice to avoid the shitty hopups

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have the airsoft philosopher but need to take the time to record install and when I field it. I will do a diy/review on it!! Black dog is right about the maple leaf chamber. I bought one before and it actually was picky with some of my mags, sometimes they didn’t feed. Put a bad taste in my mouth and I sold it in a rifle. I did use a hulk hop arm in it and it worked great when the mags fed. But I still swear by AA and Tdc. I think the philosopher chamber is just a glorified version of it. I’d say it’s better for those who don’t want to do a FULL tdc mod because you just need to drill a hole and the external knob is already there. Then it has a dampening pad on the outside chamber where the nozzle enters. Other than that I don’t expect anything better. We shall see.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Oh and you definitely need to remove that bridge to run the MR hop. If you have that bucking on a bridged barrel, that’s probably why it shoots like doo doo.

·
Registered
608 Posts
@Blind Sniper

Nub stability/size/placement/tolerance is what makes it so different from the AA.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
@Blind Sniper

Nub stability/size/placement/tolerance is what makes it so different than the AA.
Thats good and all, but I am having terrible results and I'm seriously regretting my order.
Idk why the thing can't stay set and why its so impossible to fine tune.
Also, steer clear of the 40º bucking as its WAYYY too soft and is insanely sensitive to hop adjustments.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Thats good and all, but I am having terrible results and I'm seriously regretting my order.
Also, steer clear of the 40º bucking as its WAYYY too soft and is insanely sensitive to hop adjustments.
So as to not detract from the original post, you and I should continue this convo in a pm. All I have to say is yeah, the 60 is already pretty soft. The 40 is like liquid lol. Teflon tape on the tdc threads is probably the best way to tighten it up a bit. Also, the chamber is very sensitive to the type of cylinder head used. Using a stock bar-10 nozzle, I was getting consistency of +- .5fps, as well as a massive fps boost over the x-range and especially Mr. Using the laylax and ASP nozzles, I was getting +-100 fps with misfeeds and and jams galore. Pretty sure it's just a very tight bucking and won't work with most aftermarket heads that are thicker than the original. I've got a lambda head on the way for mine, as well as a few heads that Masada and I will be testing out pretty soon. All of those should produce great results hopefully.

·
Registered
84 Posts
@BlackDog hi,

Is there a store (link) that sells Airsoft Philosopher HopUp chamber? I found AP inner barrels but no HopUp chamber so far... I like their design, hopup, inner barrerls & buckings looks great.

I watched a video testing AP chamber, AP bucking & AP Inner barrel.
Just watch the video and tell me what you think guys. Did you find shoots from 30m and 60m good or bad?
Personally i found these shoots bad for the high cost of these products.
Here is the video, shooting (30m & 60m) test starts (40:07)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEWPnv3As94

thank you

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
@BlackDog hi,

Is there a store (link) that sells Airsoft Philosopher HopUp chamber? I found AP inner barrels but no HopUp chamber so far... I like their design, hopup, inner barrerls & buckings looks great.

I watched a video testing AP chamber, AP bucking & AP Inner barrel.
Just watch the video and tell me what you think guys. Did you find shoots from 30m and 60m good or bad?
Personally i found these shoots bad for the high cost of these products
ASF seems to hate YouTube links for some odd reason.
But, I found a loophole, click "quote" "go advanced" and copy and past the URL in the text.
It's pretty ridiculous it doesn't show up normally.
Airsoft Philosopher chamber
https://www.airsoftphilosopher.com/home/Airsoftphilosopher-TDC-VSR-10-SSG10-chamber-p188548390
My opinion on my chamber is that it isn't really a step up from what you already have.
Get it if you like, but you will probably start to wish you had stuck with your AA chamber from the beginning.
I hope I can get the stupid thing to work, but maybe wait until they sort put the issues if you REALLY want one.

·
Registered
691 Posts
YouTube links are hit or miss, it depends on the platform you are using to view the forums.

Sodium, I know you always stress the importance of the arm/nub properties. However unless I see a difference with the AP setup, I don’t think it will be any better than the AA, especially for the cost.

I see it as a design where it’s good. The AA is great and gets the job done. Adjustment sucks but you can do a TDC. Then you want to make improvements on something that might not be able to be improved. Definitely worth a try, I respect the people who have access to the machinery, as well as the knowledge and time to re design things.

I need to see to believe!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm just saying it's about as big a physical change as you can get. Whether it has positive, negative, or neutral effects, and what the conditions are for said effects, is still to be determined.

·
Super Moderator
3,784 Posts
The action army is old reliable. The airsoft philosopher is now widely regarded on this forum as the best on the market right now. It is, however, the most expensive. But it is also the best. Make of that what you will.
I would be careful making statements like that. Speak for yourself, not for others.

While I think the chamber looks good, sounds good. I am not going to speculate performance, until I have it in hand and tested empirically. The only time I would say its "the best" is when it gives decent performance in a absolute garbage build. I know what it should do in a "top tier" build. I have seen my fair share of "top tier" builds shoot worse then stock.

SiliconeSword said:
Case and point. If it were the best, he should not be having any problems.

The AA chamber is a solid chamber, vetted by many people on this forum and is highly recommended. It has its issues, all well documented, and mostly easy to fix.

·
Registered
84 Posts
@Crius: https://www.airsoftphilosopher.com/

Also, the video link is broken. Just post the actual link so we can copy/paste it.
Thank you for the link. I searched many known E.U stores but not the obvious one...
Hope the link is ok now.

I would not give 200 euros (the minimum parts cost) for these upgrades for such 60m shots. Mine set up, shoots like that ~80m.
Only part that looks interesting is the bucking. Looks like a bigger ML Mr-HOP bucking.
But i dont know for sure if it is compatible with my ML HopUp chamber, HopUp Panthera arm-nub & ML CJ inner barrel.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts