Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I want to ask you guys something. I have a jg bar-10, 520 fps perfect compression (i can put my finger at the end of the barrel and maintain for quite a while and no air escapes). I shoot madbull .36g bbs, washed and I use them with my type 96 and I have no problems. I have an action army 6.03 430mm barrel and nineball bucking with an action army chamber and the nub it came with (cylindrical)

Here is my issue. After putting everything together, i go to the range with both my guns. I lay a target at 100, 200 and 300 feet. My type 96 is 20 feet short of 300 feet and can get to 250 easily. I take the vsr fire at 200 and can't even get it 1 time out of 10. My shots are inconsistent as HELL. The problem comes from the barrel assembly, not the cylinder. I adjust my hop up, and then my first two shots are OK but after that they are underhopped, overhopped, curve hard on one side, the other, etc.

The first thing I could think of is the nineball bucking which I use with a cylindrical nub. Could this be causing my issue? I checked the inside and everything seems fine, no deformities or excess rubber.

Its really frustrating to work so hard on something, putting so much time and money into it when its not even working equally as good as my 450$ type 96.>:

My barrel is clean, my bucking is dry (lubed the outside a little bit) everything is supposed to be A1. Can't think of what it might be seriously.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
That's your problem. The nineball buckings don't perform well with stock nubs. You need some kind of H-nub for that kind of bucking AFAIK.

However, I'd go with a different route if I were you. Get a maple leaf bucking + their concave nub. Those things work wonders. The nineball bucking is essentially just a stock bucking made of fancy rubber. The maple leaf is basically a drop-in R-hop, it doesn't get much better than that (without actually R-hopping the thing :hehe:)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well heck I'm going to try that as hell. You already told me to get this bucking twice now so it better be good. I just need to find some place in canada where they carry it. Does the nub come with the bucking or do I have to buy both separately.

The reason why I thought the nineball + AA nub combo would work is beacause I have a guarder 70 degree aeg bucking in my type 96 with the AA nub and I get good range (though I thought I would get more, it was windy today so I was kind of happy with my results).

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I don't know where you can buy them. If you look around you may find a shop that sells them locally. Otherwise you'll have to buy them for overseas. Shipping on a nub isn't that expensive, fortunately :hehe:

You have to buy them both separately yes. There are several kinds of buckings and one kind of nub (the concave nub). They make delta, diamond & monster buckings. I don't know the full differences between those three types, but I have great results with the monster bucking myself. I'd recommend that one :tup:

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To update you guys. I just ordered a maple leaf flat nub, maple leaf 75 degree monster rubber and a pdi W hold bucking just to make sure I have backup options. Should have them before saturday's game....

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Yikes, that's indeed a flat nub. You need a concave nub or it won't work. The whole thing is designed in that way, it needs even pressure :/

I use 70 degrees myself. 75 will probably work as well though :tup:

The W hold works too btw, but I prefer the maple leaf. W hold buckings are soft and wear in no time :/

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have to say I had good results with a 9ball and stock AA nub out to around 75metres.

Changed to a maple leaf ast bucking and range n accuracy is just as good but I need to get hold of the concave nub and see if that increases both. Right now though it's getting to about 90 metres but accuracy wavers a little

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe my bucking is bad? Seriously I know my every bit of my rifles and I cant figure out how this is happening if its not the bucking. And are you sure you are hitting 75m? Most people eyeball their distances and don't actually measure them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Turns out I ordered the flat tensioner from maple leaf. I hope this one works with the bucking even though its not concave. I think 1tonne uses a prommy flat nub with his maple leaf bucking right?

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
It won't work. You can make it concave though by filing it down a little in the middle, then it should work :tup:

Flat nub's don't provide even pressure, that's the problem. The hopup won't work like it's intended without a concave nub.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what I was thinking, I'll just sand the middle down to get a concave shape, shouldn't be too hard either.

And that's why I got the PDI w-hold bucking, just as a backup if things go wrong, I can always drop this in and it should be allright.
Really hope to see some good results after I try out those new buckings....

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Bridged nubs don't give you even pressure either :hehe:

If you try the PDI W hold, be sure to use the standard nub with it, the PDI W hold doesn't work with the concave nub because it's fanged :tup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's what I thought... thanks reliku, your help is much appreciated! You should show us some of your rifles in a post one day, I'd be interested. :tup:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I'm pretty sure I have a few posts somewhere in the "show us your babys" thread :hehe:

Let us know how it works out for you with the maple leaf + concave nub. I'm confident you should see some increased performance :tup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.