Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I own a JG VSR10 spring sniper rifle, and I have already upgraded the cylinder and trigger box. I have held off on the hopup because of hearing different opinions, and the fact that I think the stock hopup is performing just fine for my purposes.

Recently, I heard from another airsoft sniper whose opinion I trust, that he likes the stock chamber and recommends only a different bucking. He recommended three different buckings to me --
A Nineball,
A PDI W-Hold VSR-10 style,
and an R-Hop

Now I have a few questions about this. The Nineball is a no brainer and is a good bucking. I know PDI to be a good bucking, but isn't it an AEG bucking? So, wouldn't I need to use an AEG barrel and chamber in order to use it? Or is that incorrect?

He also sent me a link to where I can get an R-Hop bucking, but it ships from Europe and shipping is $33. Does anyone know where I could get one for less shipping, and would it be worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
i personally like the 9ball as i have had good luck with there parts in the past, not sure on the pdi i do know pdi makes a special hop up unit for aeg bucking and barrel to be used with a bar. i say rhop for the consistency and i bet there are some closer places or even shops you could get it from. i also suggest looking into a tdc mod(top dead center) for ease and more consistent hop. hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So even though it does look like an AEG bucking, it will fit in my VSR? Good. Because that one is cheaper than the Nineball and probably just as good.

Does anyone know where I could get an R-Hop? And, exactly what is the TDC mod?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just get the AA chamber and Maple Leaf Diamond bucking. You'll save many hours of messing around plus end up with a better result.

Grant
I would do that except its gonna cast me at least $50 more than just getting a bucking. I don't need a professional quality rifle - and I don't want to spend that much money. I'd rather do the messing around, honestly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing -

Im down to either the Nineball or R-hop. But from what I have been able to find about R-hop, you have to use a tensioner on the hopup arm if you put an R-hop bucking in. Is that a part that you have to use, or does it just make it better?

So in the end, what would be the most cost effective, best option? R-hop or nineball? I dont mind having to put together the R-hop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.