Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically how are madbull barrels? The 6.03 ones? I don`t have enough money to get a prommy so this is my next option. Would these barrels be good for a DMR. Or would you recommend something else under 35 dollars.

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have a version II in my ASR (463mm). Shoots really well for a less expensive barrel. All things considered (Bolt v. AEG etc.), with good spacers in there it'll shoot as well as the prommy in my SL9 (509mm).

Edit: I doubt you can find the V1 anymore, but DO NOT GET THE V1. The V1 had a lot of issues from the factory. The V2 is much much better, and madbull released the V2 at a lower price point to save face and customers, then it just kind of stayed at that price point.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well of course I`m getting the V2. Why would I want the V1. But yes how is the V2? I may be picking up a 509 for my m16vn. Also what do you think of Matrix .3 gram bbs. Last are .36 gram bb good. The WE ones. I heard alot of bad weight consistency after .32 gram bbs.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have a python barrel and it works fine out to 500 ft. The walls on it a bit thinner it seems though. Had I the option, I would have saved from the Prometheus.

Mine is also a V2. My mech also very strongly recommends against the V1.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It is a good barrel.

Anything matrix tends to be crap.

Yes, assuming you get good .36 bbs. I can't say about the WE tech ones, but I like bioshot and bbbastard.
I wash my we .36's. They are good but it may jam your gun. I've used them in two of my rifles. And it only jammed my old agm mp001 once washed. Hit or miss bro.

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Just keep in mind that means range until the bb hits the ground, not effective range.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I use .88 steel bbs at about 9J. I meant effective range, not range until the bb hits the ground.

This uses ER-hop and an LRB, and a little tweak I am experimenting with that I don't think will make it out of the testing phase.

Back on topic, I just found out that I use a madbull V2 in every new build I have started in the last year, so I guess I like the darn things. :p

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you have decent parts already and are installing a TBB you should be able to get ~400-500 easy with proper air seal.

Bioval .30s all day long
400-500 easy at what fps? ;p

Madbulls are comparable to a prommy. But when you hold them both, you'll instinctively think prommy is the better one (tapered front, heavier).

The madbulls are also easier to install R-hops apparently.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.