Votes: 184 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 54 4.1%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to see how everyone found their way here at ASF. Did you hear about us through word of mouth, a search engine, or on another site/forum?

Let us know, thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I was looking for help in fixing my rifle on Google. Found a site that I thought might be a good starting point, read through a few threads, joined the same day

·
Registered
96 Posts
My experience? A little something like this- (for the dev's)

As with most other people, my journey on building a sniper platform was in itself a journey to find information.

Be that as it may, typical word of mouth is a great starting tool as a base of ideas, thoughts, and opinions on how to achieve your goal, which leads me to the next point. Understanding how a tool is used is as important as the tool in its application itself, tells me that if sniping is what I'm looking to do, 1) it would make sense to see how airsoft sniping works first before I build 'dat rifle'. 2) Finding that source of collective reasoning in this day in age, is a simple button click away, thanks to search engine optimization and the idea of putting knowledge in written form for others to share.

If I know anything about research, and finding airsoft sniper information is my topic, it's that, "If a collective amount of people walk like snipers, talk like snipers, act like snipers, chances are, they are snipers". Combining that with the above, and the proof of all the great people here on this forum, the quest completes itself. =)

Today, this site continues to boast multiple avenues of leverage, adding more and more asset value each day by systems of content-based, social networking, advertising, and to some degree E-commerce, all of which we as its consumers and customers vote with our site traffic, as a product worth of our time, and opportunity to help grow like it has helped us in the past.

In conclusion, anyone that values customer service, experience of others, and a place to grow their own knowledge of the sport, I would say a partial combination of good content/search engine optimization and word of mouth of advertisement by its user created evangelists. :tup:

·
Registered
838 Posts
when I search DIY, all information about Well Mb-01, I found here.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Searched on google for airsoft sniper forum, and somehow got here. :yup:
Ditto. (this text is to make my post 10 characters long - really anoying)

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
I was a member of the old site back in the caveman days. I knew the Admin of that site. I also got the link to the old site from Michigan Airsoft forums. I think back in 2005 or 2006.

I dont know if your the same Admin as the old forum or not, as we have not spoke to one another.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
As you can see from my join date I'm virtually a plank owner of the forum, sadly its been such a long time now I can't remember how I came across the forum, but I do remember swapping some posts with the original admin guys on a UK site about VSRs :shrug:

·
Registered
714 Posts
While researching my old utg m324 I stumbled across this site, and like so many others am thankful that I did... Or maybe I was researching a mp001 either way,,,,

Sent from my DROID4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
451 Posts
Followed various links from Airsoft mechanics forum when searching for stuff there about sw/javelin m24 upgrades (got a home made aluminum airbrake piston & steel spring guide in it so far)

·
Super Moderator
802 Posts
I am also one of the remaining active "old beards" of this site. Joining at february -08 and was already an "lesser-God" on the older forum. :D

I honestly do not recall at all how I stumbled over here... I think I was looking for a more specific sniping forum since my local society is... Well... fu***ed in so many ways... Thank God we have now another new one that is MUCH better than this Finlands first airsoft society.

Anyhoo I also have been VERY pleased that I did found this marvelous community. =) Would recommend this site for anyone if asked for.

P.S. As I refered myself to a "lesser-God" I once again wield my powers and remind

cetane

that make an introduction post into the correct section before you write any new posts or start threads because that is against the rules. Please read the rules of the forum to avoid getting infractions which I tell ya you really do not want. =)

Take this as a friendly reminder.

Reactions: Patton3660
1 - 20 of 82 Posts