Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My volume ratio is optimized for a. 40 bb. My spring is m135 and I have a stock piston that has holes on it and weighs 34grams. What are your recommendations in terms of weight and how do I add it? Thank you!
Tool Cylinder Engineering Auto part Technology

· Registered
3,379 Posts
Probably not, but if you're worried then you can cut up a beer can and put a sleeve inside.
If you make it so the spring doesn't wobble but doesn't get stuck by using enough beer can, your gun will be a good deal quieter as well.

· Registered
Octavia VRS
92 Posts
Bumper Gas Audio equipment Electric blue Measuring instrument
Blue Personal care Material property Automotive tire Gas

Here's an image from a random FB post I found when googling "Airsoft Piston Solder Weight".
You can see here the gentleman has increased the weight considerably (3x!) using:
  • 1mm Solder Wire
  • A Mild Adhesive
  • A Small Drill Pit to make holes to feed Solder through

You could also add PTFE tape or something similar like SiliconeSword said.
I plan on doing this to my Sniper Custom Works Piston in my VSR as I dire 0.48's and want to reduce the crack of the cylinder and quieten overall.
In theory, you don't have to drill any holes but if you plan on being as excessive as he has been you may wish to do so.

Here's a link to his post where he describes what he did, credit to him and all that. (Scroll through photos for details on what he did on each photo)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.