Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to steal the fire from edk89's other thread (http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?p=53293), but it just so happened that, right when I was going to ask this question, I saw he made a similar post in The Lounge.

Anyways, so a lot of CA fields require full-face protection that is paintball legal. Full-face as in a one piece, complete mask with integrated eye protection (no two piece things where you have a mask and goggles separate). Paintball legal as in no mesh and labeled as paintball legal.

The problem with this is that I can't seem to find a legal mask that lets me see into my scope, since the masks are so bulky.

Are there any paintball-legal, one-piece, full-face protecting masks out there that you can actually snipe with?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Would they let you cut off the bottom right of the mask (or bottom left if you're a lefty)?

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
If you don't care about the stock you could always cut out the profile of the mask to have it sink farther down so you can see the scope. If the stock is hollow then you can fill it with some hardening clay. It is just a last resort idea that might work.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Coldy has the right idea.

There are two pairs of full-face paintball goggles on the market (that I can think of off the top of my head) that you could use...

The first option is the JT Proflex. They come in a wide variety of colors from camo to pink, for whatever suits your needs. I personally find these goggles to be hideous and far too common. These have a very large section of rubber which may be exactly what you need as far as being able to use a cheek rest.

I use a different brand called V Force Grillz. A more aggressive look, and less common on the field (of paintball anyways). I've had my pair for over 5 years now! They still wash up as good as the day I purchased them. They even have the original foam liner, which is very rare on any pair of goggles after being washed so many times.
Also, compared to other goggles (aside from proto's) they have one of the easiest lense-swap mechanisms on the market. Twist two tabs, pull out two spacers, and you're replacing the lenses. I have 3 lenses to swap between: clear, smoke, and mirrored. They also come with a sun visor but I just removed it. Tends to get in the way of scopes. I would recommend these first. Check with any local paintball retailer.

I've included pictures below, a white pair of JT Proflex's, and my pair of V Force Grillz.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have tried removing the cheek rest and wearing the V-Force I have, but I can't see.

It seems like everyone is saying JT, so I think I'll buy one of the flex masks.

Also, anyone have experience with Save Phase masks for sniping?

·
Registered
20 Posts
The JT mask is a pretty nice mask I've got the one that give a good wide field of vision. I think it's the Spectra 360? I've had it for so long. The bottom half is nice and flexy, speaking of ,I've not tried shooting with face gear...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.