Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much hop do you put on your BAR.

Personally I sight in my scope with my .40 bbs flying perfectly straight and then I adjust my hop lever just a click so when I look into my mil dot scope the bb's rise up to my first mil dot in my scope.

So what do you do?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I personally like a little bit of overhop. Not too much. Just enough to where, if the target's a little bit further than I expected, the overhop is enough to push the bb that extra distance. At the same time, there isn't so much overhop as to where the bb flies over the target if he turns out to be exactly where I expected or a little closer.

So, in terms of distance, I guess I center my scope around 125-150 ft. with overhop, and any further, there's a relative amount of lobbing.

·
Registered
951 Posts
same as lulukchoo23, I have all my guns overhop just a bit, for that extra range...

though I'm going to try the flat-end-hop thingy when my R-hop comes in.

....damn postal service takes too damn long....gah

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I like my bbs to go flat but with a slight flick upwards so that when the bb starts to drop it goes upwards for a little extra range!

·
Registered
207 Posts
i used to overhop my bbs when I used a 500 fps setup to try to maximize my range. Now I have tried to suppress my gun as much as possible (fps is 430 now with .2s). Now I do not hop them as much. I keep the rounds going straight but not up in the air if you know what I mean. Out to 150 ft the round is flat then it drops. I learned to estimate distance based on my 4x scope mildots. Once you know your distance very well you can be disciplined enough to wait till your kill walks to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.