Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soooo... how often do you need to calibrate your rifle? (hop up // scope)

Does anybody have a rifle that was calibrated and never re-calibrated for weeks/months after use?

Or do you calibrate after every skirmish? Or after every use?

Personally I have to calibrate after nearly every day of use. I noticed my primary rifle will not shoot the same laser-like path after a long target shooting session or skirmish. This change is usually noticeable the following day after storing it from the previous day of use. I would have to re-calibrate the gun, but it's nothing too extreme. Usually just a few clicks here or there on the scope or just a minor hop up adjustment.

Perhaps I'm storing it wrong, it's an internal issue, or maybe it's a topic no one really bothers to talk about. :shrug:

· Registered
890 Posts
A problem with cheap scopes is that they don't hold their zero very well. That could also be the problem.

My hop up doesn't need adjusting unless it was being broken in. After being broken in I don't have to move it until I change weights.

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Well after every game I take apart and clean my rifle thoroughly and check everything over. I don't bother calibrating my rifle at this stage because before each game I go to the on-site range and calibrate there.

So in answer to the question, every skirmish day, before the games start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.