Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now getting on with silencing my vsr (tsd sd702). As of now, I have placed some foam in open spots in the stock, and made a foam filled silencer, which dampened the sound, but what else is there to do? I was considering putting mouse pad on the cylinder head. Realistically, how silent could I get? I have not seen any videos of how silent a sniper can get and I don't want to try to make it more silent than it is possible. On a side note, I am not looking to touch its spring or anything that would effect power.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ok things I would do read the Silencing your l96 thread that bob said on top of me. Remeber add some sorbo pads to the cylinder head and piston head. Or use mouse pad if you want. Remeber this is going to lower fps by a little. Make sure your piston has a airbrake. The long like spear thing pointing out from the piston head.( Don`t laugh at me. Seriously if you laughed over that be mature) Wrap the bottom of the spring and the top with some electrical tape. To get rid of the sprong noise.Lube everything in the cyclinder and make sure you have a good airseal. Next If it is possible get some dyna mat and use it as barrel spacers. I know this might not have been said by most people but might be a good idea. So for the barrel do dyna mat. Electrical tape space. Dynamat and electrical tape and final dynamat. After that get a threaded barrel adapter and a silencer a 180 mm silencer would be nice. Once you do that make a silencer if you know. Then spray paint your gun something pretty. So excuse me for my grammar. I just came back out of a charity event and had to sleep in a box outside in the middle of a field.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I wouldn't use a mouse pad as they can break. By purpose built or use silicon based plastic stuff found in some Iphone covers and nearly all Wii remote covers.

I wouldn't use the electrical tape on the spring but something else if you can. I use it as a sleeve so it is just floating over the spring and not taking away any power or consistency, same goes for spring guide. Make sure it is not tight just gliding. I cannot emphasis this more.

The gelled piston and cylinder head will have a minimal effect on fps if done right. But be very careful doing it on the piston head as it can really muck up the piston moving etc.

have everything airtight makes it quieter too. As well as greased (Silicon based if possible, not spray) - I.e grease the piston O-ring for smoother movement.

Put baffles in the silencer. Most say it is overkill but I did notice a change in sound from a distance. I.e - you could hear the gun from 25ft before and then after putting them in 20ft.

I know you don't want to touch the spring but if you put in a stronger trigger and really want a quieter gun I would get a higher powered one and cut it until the piston doesn't hit the cylinder head anymore. This will completely eliminate the sound of the piston.

Now all you need to worry about is the visibility and the sound of the BB's. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.