Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I wanted to show what I normally do to cover the breach on my rifles.

I used an index card for this but most anything thin and strong could work. "thin metal from an old cookie sheet is awesome!"

Cut to shape before hand

I wrapped the card around an allen wrench, I rolled it like a cigarette paper. This will give the card a warped curve.

Loosen your stock and slide it in and tighten. If you use thin metal like a tin, you may have to dremel the stock some where the tin is, so the stock can tighten down all the way again. Tin can be super glued or epoxied to the receiver to hold tight. Paint to match.

Card can be painted as well.

I will show my more in depth idea using a breach door from an m4 later.:tup:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Very effective! If only I saw this before I cleaned my garage this morning: I got dust everywhere, especially on my VSR and its cylinder. ;)

I will definitely do this, but I will paint it of course.

·
Resident Toy-Maker
576 Posts
I went with some PVC, turned to press-fit into the receiver and still allow free passage of the cylinder(and milled to allow the sears to engage the piston and spring guide). This, of course, replaces the stock guide rings. Give it a bit of your favorite non-petroleum grease, and the bolt is cleaned and protected at all times.

With yours being a gas rifle, it's a bit more difficult to implement this way. I'll see if I can come up with a cleaner operator-level solution.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Is this meant for keeping it clean or for keeping it from shining and giving you away? It is a good idea for both.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have one in my aps and its great! Almost every person who has tried loading my gun have said how light the pull is. Okay, its not just the cylinder that makes it light but it certainly helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I like the teflon cylinder better then the stock cylinder. There is a difference in the cylinder pull. It makes a m170 spring a little lighter to pull. Its not a huge difference, but enough to notice. I really noticed the difference when I am laying prone sniping. I would suggest investing in one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.