Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've got a TM M14 with a G&P EBR-kit, and I want it up to 520 FPS with good accuracy.

I'm a complete noob to airsoft mechanics, and won't be installing the parts myself.

What would you guys recommend?
:)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yup, dead easy in an EBR stock aswell :tup:

All you need is a bolt with a thread that matches the forward most thread on the chassis, screw it in until the whole inner/outer barrel moves down by about 2-3mm.

This then uses the barrel mounting block as a fulcrum point.

I'm actualy planning on moving it back to make the curve more gentle as as it stands now its quite abrupt only gaining the effect over the last half of the barrel

Pics of mine the make it easier as pic almost always say a thousand words :yup:

Note also slight notch in the gas tube to allow free travel from the chassis when compressing the barrel.

Be aware though this does put a fair amount of strain on the forward mount screws of the chassis, mine actualy snapped on 1 side >:, I have cured this on mine by fitting a long nut and bolt either side of the LRB tension screw, right through, from top to bottom, not pretty, but effective :shrug:

Simples :tup:

Carry-on :shot:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
So to create an LRB effect on an M14 it's as easy as putting a screw the outer barrel to distort the inner barrel?
In an EBR chassis, yes

As to a normal M14 style stock its not that simple, I've been trying to develope a system that is similar to the EBR that I am happy with, but to no avail yet, short of doing what cheese man suggested and boring out the outer barrel :shrug:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yup, so long as the inner is properly shimmed to the outer, you can use it as a simple shroud to bend the inner inside the outer :yup:

I use this system with a 20'' outer and a 450mm inner, which leaves about 4'' of outer that is free of inner barrel and it doesn't effect it it any way.

I'm also working on a barrel that has the same capacity as a 450mm but the length of a 500mm, similar to a vented barrel but without the vents, specificaly fro LRBs, not sure yet if its worth the effort as more testing needs to be done and that will only happen when I've figured out how to fit an LRB into a standard stock

Mini pic of the barrel, as my computer and picture host seam to both be having a similtanious brain fart.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.