Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My SRS A2 just came in today and a month or so ago I already bought the upgrades for it.

Fast Hop Chamber
101% faceless seal
Mousfart v1.3
70 degree rubber
faceless nub

Before I start putting it together, I wanted to go ahead and get all the upgrades in place, but I cannot seem to get the piston head off. Is it normal threading and maybe just some glue in the threads I need to heat up? I need help before I screw something up haha. Figuring out the rest of the installations seems pretty straight forwards since Silverback has some youtube videos on installing fasthop, as well as opening the gun up to get to the inner barrel.

Also, what is the smaller O-ring for that comes loose in the Mousefart bag? Is that just a replacement backup?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slight update. Removed the rubber part of the stock piston head, and tried heating the piston head in boiling water for 2-5 minutes in case there was any glue, and it is still super stuck on there, so idk whats up

·
Registered
87 Posts
The hot water has nothing on the red locktite. You will need higher temperature, blowtorch for example of similar, well over 100°C.
You can also use any 12mm wrench and a screwdriver through the hole on piston body as a lever.

The small oring you can place below the sealing one, so the sealing oring will sit tight, its just up to preference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The hot water has nothing on the red locktite. You will need higher temperature, blowtorch for example of similar, well over 100°C.
You can also use any 12mm wrench and a screwdriver through the hole on piston body as a lever.

The small oring you can place below the sealing one, so the sealing oring will sit tight, its just up to preference.
Ah and they for sure use red loctite on the stock cylinder? I unfortunately have no blow torch, but I guess I can try sitting it over a candle or normal lighter. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts