Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
My name's Steve, I live in south east UK (Kent) and help run an airsoft site. I've been playing airsoft for about 4 years now, and although I've had sniper rifles for a while I've never really used them as most of the sites I played at were too small or had too low FPS limits to make them practical. However, the site I help run has a higher FPS limit and more open areas so I thought I'd best dig out my sniper kit and get it up to spec :)

I have an upgraded and tinkered-with "Mauser 96" which is a clone Maruzen L96, which has such thigs as Laylax piston and head, cylinder head, springs and guide, barrel spacers, PDI hopup, Prometheus barrel and Maruzen silener, as well as a few home made bits like a piston head airbrake and modified internal foams and baffles in the silencer. Unfortunately at the moment the trigger mechanism housing is in about 15 parts as it shattered last time I used it, trying to track down a metal one was almost impossible and I don't have enough money for a PDI or Laylax trigger system, so I designed a new housing on CAD but haven't got round to making it yet.

I also have a Hurricane M82 Barrett, with Madbull barrel, Systema hopup and full Systema gearbox with high torque gears and red motor, full length bore-up cylinder, Prometheus hard piston, and a Trigger Master 3 set to semi-auto with shot delay, running off an 11.1V lithium battery. Once I get it running properly (and have some spare money) I'll put a better barrel in it, and possibly a Madbull rotary hop.

I have a couple of DMR projects as well, one being a Kart M14 JAE100 which I have converted to fire semi-auto only, but it's such a pig to keep dismantling while trying to get the FPS adjusted and consistent. I also picked up a Classic Army CA8-2 which I've also locked to semi-auto, with a home made AB mosfet, red Systema motor, Prometheus barrel and a few other internal bits, but it needs quite a bit of work as it's not firing very consistently.

I also picked up a second hand shop-bought "ghillie suit" but in reality it's not very good, about the only use I've found for it is playing hide-and-seek in the garden with my 4 year old nephew! :) In time I'm looking at buying a flecktarn tank crew overall and a ghillie kit, and making my own suit. I may well end up buying a cheap assault vest or a molle chst rig and stitching molle panels or ammo pockets to the front of the overall, and a shoulder holster for my TM Mk.23. I've seen guys at the site using these ghillie things that just cover the head and shoulders and they just don't seem that effective to me, (or maybe it's because the guys wearing them don't know how to use them?) so I'm going to make a suit with ghillie all over the back and sides, and a bare front to make crawling easier.

Anyway, apologies for the rather long intro post! ::)
-Steve

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Hello. By any chance did you use my guide, I love to hear it help people out? I actually fired a mauser L96 today and it shoots very quietly, I can't remember are they fully compatible with maruzen/well/utg l96's? It's the barrel I want to get, the fella in the shop said he'd exchange the fluted barrel on his for my normal one for like 25 euro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll get it working properly first
I was lucky enough to find a genuine Barrett drag bag on ebay, and well, it would have been rude not to buy it, especially as the seller was also in the UK... :)
I can't remember where I found out how to modify the L96, but I did most of the work to it almost a year ago using bits of info from various places. I'm planning to get some of the plastic spacers from the TM silencer (to replace the rather dodgy bits of cardboard I originally used) as well as the new trigger setup and I might get a teflon cylinder set and some PDI sears for it as well. At some stage I'd like to get a really good barrel like an Edgi or PDI but haven't got the money for them at the minute. I've found some foam at the shop where I work which seems similar to sorbothane, so I'm going to try some of that on the cylinder head and also see if I can find some memory foam and use inthetallgrass's foam-filled stock method.
-Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.