Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new to airsoft and sniping. As of now I've only played in a few games running my AEG that kept jamming so I traded some stuff for a UTG L96 and have been stung by the single shot bee(bee hehe). Anyways I've been slowly modding my gun and I've reached a point where I have to save more money to finish it off. In the meantime I also picked up a TM VSR-10. That gun too has a piston problem but it's just a replacement piston but when I twisted it and fired it the gun was so quiet compared to my L96 that I'm trying to quiet down the 96 now. Anyways hope to see some new targets in my sight soon, just gotta order parts. Shh don't tell the wife.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude...

I hear you about not telling the wife about the products. Mine still doesn't know I bought another rifle ;)

But the single shot bug is a nasty thing. Soon you will be thinking more and more how to make them accurate and quiet.

Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just did a mod to my L96 stock. Instead of using foam like everyone else, I have a huge roll of sound deadener for cars and I cut it up and put it inside. It really did help make it quieter. Not all I have to do is line the outer barrel's insides with the deadener, get my edgi barrel and install the aero chamber and she's pretty much done. What do you think about the piston dampners or whatever you call them to help quiet it down?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.