Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of HPAing or C02 ing my DSR-1. Looking really hard at the Mancraft MARS system. It shows it being 25mm diameter, which means I could mount it under the gun on a rail with a scope mount. Then just run a small line to the back and tap one of my mags.

I know zero about the mancraft though, so any input would be appreciated.

The other option is to use a small HPA tank, which I could also mount under the gun I think. Probably have to use velcro or something though. But then I need a tank, low pressure regulator, line and taps. This is a bit more pricey than the MARS system, and I would have to deal with filling the darn tank or buying a hand pump. And honestly if I went to all that trouble I might as well just get a PCP pellet gun.

Would the C02 be more consistent than propane since it will have a regulator? C02 carts don't bother me because I can actually just walk across the road from my house and buy them. And they are not that expensive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
YES, the regulated CO2 will be much more consistent in output pressure compared to the gas!
The M.A.R.S also have expansion Chambers that will further aid in keeping the pressure consistent as well as letting you mount the setup in any direction without flooding the regulator with liquid CO2.
Since the Green Gas or Propane or whatever gas you're using is affected by temperature being internal cooling of mag after several shots or external ie Winter games, you tend to have a drop off in velocity after couple of shots You will have a much more reliable shot to shot consistency in terms of pressure with regulated source. And as we all know, the shot to shot consistency is the number one reason for accuracy in our snipers.
A 12g buld equals somewhere around 150 shots depending on pressure etc.
Me personally I run Mancraft in my L96 since a year back coupled with a HPA sytem (Balystik reg, Tippman 26cui tank giving me approx 500 shots @600 fps/0.2g) but has used CO2 as backup if I run out of air, and it works just fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.