Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Any cheap trigger should work.

It sounds like the trigger is not catching, which may just be due to a weak trigger spring or it's binding on something.
Try removing the cylinder completely, and use your finger or something to act as a pretend piston, and see how much force you can put on the little catch thing, and try pulling the trigger as well.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I would caution against that kit if you think it will have the O-ring you need, you are MUCH better off searching the actual size you need.

I should know, I blew $30 on some set, and have used them for very little save for hop chamber depth spacers on an M4.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
If you have the old one that looks really weird, sell it.
I used to have one and stuck a BB into wood, and promptly got rid of it.
I actually got a Polarstar MRS and had an extra $10 afterwards, which I was happy about for a used reg. I have had the MRS for 3 or so years now, and have nothing bad to say about it at all, as there's nothing wrong with it.
If you are getting shitty FPS consistency, I would say that you're able to cross that off the list of possible issues, as people seem to have very few problems with that reg.

I'd buy one of these tho.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I spent like $10 on a kit back then, and it still happened. I think it's just a sub par reg, and has a number of diehard followers that won't admit it has major creep.

The time mine creeped, I stuck a BB into a wooden board when I was screwing around at home. Years later, I cranked my BOLT way up and it required 4J to stick a BB into that same wood.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
You can swap the gauge with any 1/8NPT gauge, but that has little to do with pressure creep.

If you have other regs, use them and get rid of the SFR, as it's really not that big of a bother to adjust the reg for different guns if you have different guns

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Yeah, I'd not expect anything to work well, but if that's something you're after, ask them for a shooting video, but have them put some duct tape on the barrel so you know it's a recent video, not when the gun is new.

I haven't bought many used things, but it's usually to get a part like how I got my BOLT, F2, and various VSR parts. Also PTW magazines. But I only get these things used if it's a good deal, and I usually sell the other stuff that comes with the thing so I can make my money back on the inevitable broken FCU or fucked solenoid.

Used airsoft really hasn't been the same since 2019, so take your time and keep a close eye on Hopup, as most guns are totally built for like $40 less than all the stuff combined, but probably suck for some reason. Used shit is really a gamble, and you shouldn't rely on it being good immediately.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts