Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm playing around with the idea of turning my Dragunov into an HPA. I have a friend who basically is the field tech and has experience with turning other replicas into HPAs. We talked about different engines and he gave me the advise of looking at forums, doing some extra research on the parts and asking for additional advice. I'm not a tech and the last time I did anything HPA was paintball in middle school.

What I need to know is
-Is this do able?
- Should I go with a mechanical engine?
-What engine do you think should work best?

No matter the advise, it will be more than I had to work with before.
With thanks,
Lumberman

·
Registered
124 Posts
What kind of SVD do you have?

Mancraft has released a closed-bolt reseviour based engine for springer SVDs that converts them to semi auto. That's probably the most cost effective route to take.

If it's a real sword or a CYMA, then you're only options are the Hydra or F2.

The Classic Army isn't compatible with the Real Sword but still has an offset nozzle. It's a possibility that you might need to have that custom made by either Wolverine or Polarstar. I know Polarstar does one-off nozzles, I don't know about Wolverine.

The A&K AEG looks like it's a clone of the classic army, so you'll probably run into the same problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not very good at looking at something and knowing the brands. This is also a second hand SVD. My gear is currently in my jeep but I will be at the field later today with more experienced airsofters who should be able to get a better ID on the brand. I know it has Red Star on the side and I was thinking that was the brand for a while. I have message a friend about it and he believes it is an Echo 1? (Please don't quote me on that, 75% chance of being wrong). Once again, I will find out what it is at the field later today.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's OEM'd by CYMA, so your options are Wolverine Hydra or Polarstar F2. The wolverine will need some fitting since the CYMA isn't a perfect clone, while the F2 has a dedicated CYMA SVD nozzle. The F2 is also closed bolt, which is (theoretically) better than the open bolt Hydra. The F2 is more expensive though.

It's not possible to get enough air volume for such a long barrel in an AEG. If you don't want to run a shorter inner barrel inside your outer barrel, installing an HPA engine is definitely the right thing to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.