Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy an hpa rig eventually,and I'm wondering if I should buy or build one and if I was to buy one where would I get it?

·
Registered
909 Posts
You can buy nice pre-made ones from a guy over on ca.org. Palmers also make some pretty simple pre-made ones. It really depends if you want it single regulated, double, what type of line, etc. They're pretty simple to make really.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So I would buy a hpa tank, a pressure gauge, a pressure regulator and a hpa line? Am I missing anything? (I already have a tapped mag)

·
Registered
909 Posts
So I would buy a hpa tank, a pressure gauge, a pressure regulator and a hpa line? Am I missing anything? (I already have a tapped mag)
Just the assorted fittings to connect all of that. If you look at a picture of a persons rig, it ca really help you know what goes where and what all you need. It basically goes like this if I'm not forgetting anything: HPA/CO2 Tank -> Regulator w/ gauge -> 1/8 Elbow Fitting -> Straight Macro Line or Coiled Hose -> Quick Disconnect Fitting -> 1/8 Fitting into magazine

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok awesome I think I have everything I need to build one :) Thanks Wesley for the help!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I currently run a Palmers pursuit reg off of my tank, i do not have any other reg. should i invest in a second reg to make my shots consistent? (i have yet to sit down with my chrono and empirically test my current setups consistency) or could i get a SLP and get the same effect?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I currently run a Palmers pursuit reg off of my tank, i do not have any other reg. should i invest in a second reg to make my shots consistent? (i have yet to sit down with my chrono and empirically test my current setups consistency) or could i get a SLP and get the same effect?
It could help some, but a lot of people don't use a second reg; I know I never did. If I were to build another HPA rifle, I'd probably spend the little bit extra and run a cheap secondary AR10 red or something.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I decided to do a dual regulator in-stock Co2 rig ..any tips?

I found Amazon actualy has a pretty good selection of Co2 and hpa rig items :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
I decided to do a dual regulator in-stock Co2 rig ..any tips?

I found Amazon actualy has a pretty good selection of Co2 and hpa rig items :)
I would think a secondary reg would be hard to fit inside a stock. You could get a stock pouch though and it would probably fit pretty well. Yeah, you can find some pretty good deals on regs/fitting, it jsut takes some looking around.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would I have to do anything special to the bolt for the high pressure? (I'm moding a kjw m700)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok cool I'l work on getting those :)

·
Registered
909 Posts
Ok cool I'l work on getting those :)
They're not necessary, but they will improve FPS and consistency. Basically, to max this rifle out, all you need is (these rifles are really pretty simple):

-upgraded striker spring (G&G)
-rubber bolt seal (G&G)
-VSR hop-up conversion (King Arms)
-comes with longer air nozzle
-VSR tightbore
-VSR bucking
-powerpack magazine parts (G&G)
-air rig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.