Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Unfortunately, you will have to fire an estimated 1000-3000 shots using the regulator to break it in so it is more consistent.
Where is this coming from exactly? OP didn't mention what regulator they're using, and I've never heard of regulators having break-in periods.
And on the topic: If you have a wealth of experience with different regulators, would you be able to suggest ones that offer particularly consistent output? I'm under the impression that a primary factor in PSI consistency is the difference between starting and ending PSI (that is, going from 800 to 160 is not as reliable as going from 300 to 160)- but I've always wondered if one regulator would be better than another, even with the same input/output.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Industrial regulators.
They will beat "airsoft" regulators without mercy. While most have a limites 300 psi input, the consistency and flow rate is just not comparable (for obvious reasons. These are used for CNC tool change and lathe chucks and have to supply for several uses at once). The ones I use cost only 35 euros and all I have to do is remove one spring disc from a standard 850psi preset bottle to reduce it to around 300 psi.
Links to such regulators? For that cost I might buy one just to test it out against a Palmers Boulder- already seem to have perfect consistency, but maybe if I remove a regulator we'd see one perform better than another. I would honestly like to replace at least my last inline regulator, as I've had some annoying problems with the Boulder, and adjusting the PSI seems sloppy- despite its consistency, whether it's the gauge having a bad fit to the body, or the regulation itself, it doesn't seem to want to allow fine adjustment.
I'd also like to know how you're testing consistency, because plastic BBs are too inconsistent to trust, and most chronographs seem to be liars as well :/

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hm, could you possibly post some pictures of the reg/setup? And what might be some good keywords to search for a similar regulator? Seems the industry in general has a...a lot, and I'm unsure how to narrow things down other than manually searching for input/output and size.
Ahh, that's a good idea with the gauge! I'm not seeing anything much more accurate than 5PSI tick marks going to 200- though that would still show quite accurately.
That's so odd about the springs though. The Boulder uses a coil and is $80, whereas the Redline SFR everyone seems to suggest is $150 and uses discs...none of this seems to add up :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.