Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
I too see many dangers in religion. Religions have done many horrible things (it doesn't take much searching on the top religions in the world eastern and western to find this out). The Bible warns against religion. Being a true Christian is not about religion or title, it is about a personal relationship with God. It is pretty amazing that the creator of everything desires a personal relationship with anyone and everyone who will turn to Him. Being and American and a believer in the Bible, I do think people should be able to share their opinions with anyone on anything at anytime if someone wants to listen. There is some of my "let-freedom-ring" spirit coming out lol. I think getting together and playing with our toy guns is a great time to get to know people and share your most valuable knowledge and wisdom. If someone is not interested, that is fine. That is their choice. My personal relationship with Christ and His amazing Bible are the things that have changed my life for the better and has given me more love, peace, and joy that I did not have before I turned to Him. How could I not want to share this with others? Especially since love, joy, and peace are the things that most everyone would agree that we as humans are searching for in the life. Many seek these relational "fruits" in a fleshly things of life like physical relationships for love, things and thrills for joy, and money, financial security, getting away, vacations, hermitizing (not even sure if that is a word but can't think of a better way of saying "trying to get away from people and things"). Many find the more they get, the more empty these things are without the true fruits of the spirit. Some great examples are some of the rich and famous that have access to just about everything here and still search and can't find what they are looking for until they find Christ. Steve McQueen is a great example. There is a really interesting book and movie about his life. Steve McQueen: The Salvation of an American Icon.

·
Super Moderator
3,910 Posts
I can only tolerate mild religious posts. This one is cutting a fine line. Politics will see you thrown into the Abyss.

Doesn't matter your age to have political views. Either case, this thread is so far civil. When it stops, the ban hammer comes out.

Pro tip: It has been upgraded with an uplink to multiple databases, once added, it will have far, far, far reaching consequences.

This is as much a warning as it is a threat. Think before you post, keep it civil and you shall have nothing to fear of me getting involved with the hammer.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My personal relationship with Christ and His amazing Bible are the things that have changed my life for the better and has given me more love, peace, and joy that I did not have before I turned to Him.
I agree with you there. By knowing God, you will have more love for God and other people, more of peace inside you because you are secure within your faith and more joy because you know that you are saved from what happens once we die (you no longer have to worry about death).
But knowing God is not easy. There is a cost. Most of us love our sin because it gives us pleasure. For instance, sleeping with partner after partner outside of marriage. This gives us pleasure but God does not like them. These things we do have to give up because we honour God. It is also not easy being a believer because there is a cost for the fact that we need to spread the Good News about Jesus. This spreading the Good News can cause ridicule and abuse from others at times. Heck, for Steven in the bible, it cost him his life. So yes, we do have love, joy and peace but it is not easy and there is a cost but in the end it is worth it.

Now here is a video that is only 5 minutes long (The last minute you do not have to watch). This vid shows the basics of what I am talking about. That is the Good News and you most likely have not heard it like this. (It is pretty cool watching it). I would ask that each of you look at it because most Christians do not tell you the full truth when it comes to God. So Plaz, check it out. Also others, check it out. It is a good vid and I am sure you will like it. :)
Are You a Good Person? | Living Waters

21 - 26 of 26 Posts