Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello marksmen, I'll try to keep this nice and brief for you all. I play in California and have been playing for about 2 years now. I have always played as a run and gun type player, but have always had an attraction to sniper rifles.

I am just about to pull the trigger on purchasing my first gun, the Well MB07 (Well Full Metal MB07 Bolt Action Sniper Rifle Airsoft Gun ( Black )). Nothing fancy, just real simple, and most importantly, affordable. Is this a good first gun for a beginner like me? But more importantly is it compatible with the necessary upgrades I may or may not need to make?

Welp that's my intro, if anyone could help me out on making this big decision it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hello mate! Good to have you with us. As for the gun you are thinking of purchasing, most of us here would not recommend it. If I am not mistaken, that is the WELL VSR-10. This weapon is full of proprietary parts (second time I have said so in as many days), and generally does not lend itself well to the path of 'easy compatability'. Spare yourself the headache and buy (if you are dead set on a BASR) the KJW M700P, or a WELL Type96 rifle. Both are easily upgradeable, and both will be fairly solid weapons. Also, have you considered the DM role? Cheers!

Oh, since I don't get to say this much: See you on the field!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see you have CA in your name, what fields do you visit? And as for the DM role, I have considered it, however for the time being I'm on a rather tight budget. So converting my M4 to a DMR is do-able, but also slightly pricey. As would buying a stock DMR. Not to say buying a sniper would be saving me any money, it's just the challenge I'd prefer to take on. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Arc airsoft is my usual outdoor field, however, they shut down recently, and moved to copperopolis, grrrrr. It was right after I finished customizing my grille for that area as well...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nope, outta funds, and their fps restrictions are not to my liking... I currently have no guns that shoot 'sub-400', and my DMR is down with some repairs... Maybe next time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.