Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, my baby is a Tokyo Marui G-Spec rifle. Out of the box, it had a hop issue. Instead of pursuing an item return I made the decision to upgrade. Thus the madness began. I started out with the PDI hop chamber and bucking. That hop set up allows u to use an AEG cut inner barrel so I promptly dropped $100 plus on an ORGA 6.23 barrel as those have been getting some truly spectacular results in testing, tho untried in a spring rifle. Less then 50 shots later, the bucking tore. Research (that should've happened in the first place ;)) was done. The PDI hop is not compatible with the stock Marui cylinder set, only PDI's. So, a few months of saving, PDI palsinite HD cylinder set, and replacement Prometheus bucking later, I had an again working rifle. Less then 20 shots later, another torn bucking. Following one more replacement bucking and a full look over, it tore another bucking in 7 shots. It hangs on the wall again, over a thousand dollars invested. All parts and labor have been professionally installed/performed by the tech's at AMPed Airsoft. If anyone has encountered and resolved this issue before, please post or PM how u managed as I am vexed. Any reasoble suggestions are welcome. It has been over a year struggle, for further details just message me. All relevant details have been told. Good day, gentleman. I look forward to your expertise and assistance.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Please make an intro post. Sorry to nag:p

I think your cylinder head might be the problem. I know some of the new PDI hop up unts require a specific cylinder head in order to work.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
PDI parts tend to like other PDI parts, as you found out. I try to stay away from them for that reason, but you can also build a PDI rifle if you want. The PDI chamber is a piece of work, with it's two arms. Can you tell us where on the bucking it's ripping? Is it ripping at the cylinder head connection, at the bucking mound, etc. If it were up to me I would have you get all your stock parts back because they are much easier to work with, but you already spent that much on it. Out of curiosity, was the hop issue with the stock parts that it kept curving to the right? Also, make an intro post in the new members section on this site's home page.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank u kindly

The original hop issue was thatBB's roled out unless the hop was all the way on and the range was hardly 50 yards. I hear u about PDI parts, but as u said I'm so heavily invested that I find myself unable to stop. The bucking tears at the skirt everytime if that helps at all. Again, much thanks for the information.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
What do you mean by the skirt? I'm guessing that is the part that contacts the cylinder head but ['ve never seen that word.used to describe a part on a bucking.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Velvet, my advice is for you to send your rifle to Woogie. That's all there is to it. :yup:
LOL that's one way of doing things.

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Like cheese said, either the barrel has some sharp edges in the hop window OR the nozzle has a gash in it as well.

When you first had the chamber did you make sure the two set screws were all the way in so they don't scrape on the bucking? I have personally done this..... yes I am sad to admit that. But if you don't have those screws all the way in they will carve groves into the nozzle and make it like a saw on the bucking. I went through 4 bucking before I figured out the problem.

And like revenant said..... send it to me and I can make her good for ya :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for the late reply my good men

What screws are you taking about in the PDI Hop? The ones the hold the barrel in place or the hop up adjustment screws? Once I've verified that is not the issue, assuming it isn't, we will swap barrels to check that. I will update tonight as these things should be checked by then. Thanks again for the expertise, i am pleasantly surprised with all the responses and help! Truly a good forum here and i will be sure to say so whenever i get the chance on my home forum of WPAirsoft.

·
Registered
218 Posts
He means the hop-up screws (the tiny grub screws where your magazine goes in). You really would think there would be some documentation on avoiding that apparently everyone has done it xD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.