Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello,

I am a consistant airsoft sniper. but i have always used my l96 style rifle but recently a friend broke it. and instead of repairing it iv decided to just go ahead and upgrade to a new one... i wanted some recommendations.
my cap is around $300.
i wanna know your recommendations.
i would also like a minimum of 500 fps.
spring or gas is not a huge issue but i would kinda prefer spring
and also if anyone knows any good rifles that are interchangeable from spring and gas id like to see those too.
i need a high powered one bc i am the guy whose laying on the ground in a ghillie from 200 feet out covering my team..

·
Administrator
6,194 Posts
He means that you should write something about you in the link he provided... An intro by you.
These are forum rules.

As for your question... It all depends on the base you're going to use and what upgrade you'll use.
The quality upgrade parts cost alot, in some cases more than the rifle itself.

As for easy swap spring-gas... I have one for sale! Check the link in my signature!!

Wolf

·
Registered
218 Posts
I would suggest a vsr/m24/bar10 platform, I believe it has the biggest selection of mods and upgrade parts. Believe wolf when he says quality parts cost a lot! I could hit 1-2 grand easy

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
+1 to what rcon112 said.

You will need to spend a LOT of time tuning and building your gun to make it 'top of the range', but Cheeseman (a member of this forum) made a gun that hit targets at 150 yards 10/10.

You need the best barrel and hop up combination combined with good-grade heavy ammo with a velocity to match.

Good luck, building your own is the way to go. :)

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Just FYI, the rifle that Milo mentioned now hits a little farther (~190m), but it cost me $2000 and a little over 60 hours of tuning so far, and I'm not done yet.

What are your limits as far as velocity and ammo goes? There are two ways to go about this, the first is with a lot of fine tuning and low KE (between 1-2J), and the second way is absurdly high KE (about 9-10J) with steel bbs. The second way will get the bbs out farther, but it takes more time to get perfect and a lot of fields won't let you use a rifle like that. The first way is also cheaper, because you need almost no parts upgrades.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
hello,
i am a top of the line sniper.
i am a 4 year veteran. but i have always used my l96 style rifle but recently a friend broke it. and instead of repairing it iv decided to just go ahead and upgrade to a new one... i wanted some recommendations.
my cap is around $300.
i wanna know your recommendations.
i would also like a minimum of 500 fps.
spring or gas is not a huge issue but i would kinda prefer spring
and also if anyone knows any good rifles that are interchangeable from spring and gas id like to see those too.
i need a high powered one bc i am the guy whose laying on the ground in a ghillie from 200 feet out covering my team..
I'm not trying to be rude, but I feel it has to be said. Boasting will get you nowhere and the fact that you still think that the high fps setup will get you more range tells me you don't know that much about how your rifle works. I run my rifle on 350-ish fps with .3s and I get about 300ft of usable range, and if I ran it on 550 I would still get that same range.

Now that I have that out of the way I suggest you get a VSR style rifle, namely a bar10. It has a large selection of upgrades and while you won't be able to switch between spring and gas, you won't need to.

Please use better grammar too. Forum rules. We try to keep it professional around here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just FYI, the rifle that Milo mentioned now hits a little farther (~190m), but it cost me $2000 and a little over 60 hours of tuning so far, and I'm not done yet.

What are your limits as far as velocity and ammo goes? There are two ways to go about this, the first is with a lot of fine tuning and low KE (between 1-2J), and the second way is absurdly high KE (about 9-10J) with steel bbs. The second way will get the bbs out farther, but it takes more time to get perfect and a lot of fields won't let you use a rifle like that. The first way is also cheaper, because you need almost no parts upgrades.
Are the specs/parts list for this available anywhere? I know that there is tuning involved too, I am mostly just curious as to parts used.

Edit: I mean the 1-2 j rifle

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@ cheeseman.
I am sorry about that and will make sure to mind my grammar from now on.

@ masterjuggler98
I was not boasting, I was simply stating that i am not an introductory level sniper, and that I know what I am doing.
I just haven't personally upgraded a rifle myself and haven't used any other rifle than my l96 so i wanted some recommendations.
Thank you anyways.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What airsoft sniper rifle would you recommend if I decided to buy new instead of upgrading my old one.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Tokyo Marui VSR-10 or a Maruzen L96 (or clone) if you want spring.
Tanaka (AICS L96, M700 or M24) or KJW M24 (cheaper) if you want gas.

Those are the popular choices and you will find lots of help on them.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.