Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway, I have read your forum for a while, and just recently signed up. So, I've played airsoft for a while but I am newer to the world of sniping.

As it so happens, I am an indecisive person, and my question is...

Is it a better Idea to get a Bar-10 and upgrade it, or should I get a Well MB05 AWM APS2?

Also, is the Well even upgradeable? ???

-TD

P.S. I read a lot of forums, and I am very impressed by the quality of this one, I give two thumbs up to the Mod's and Admins who keep this site intact. ;)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The APS2, and for that matter the CA M24 which alot of APS parts fit into, are both very good guns, I have owned both and haven't regreted it either, but, the VSR/BAR you will find alot easier to upgrade and gain good results, whereas the APS/CA take abit of fine fetteling to achieve the same goal :-/.

As for the Well, stay away from it, you'll be glad you did ;) I had a Warrior 1 for a while and tryed to upgrade it using various parts designed for APS/CA/Maruzen, to not very much success
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/> its chassis is now used to house my VSR

·
Registered
182 Posts
If Price or total cost is an issue get the JG Bar 10.. Over time, as you upgrade it, it will become a very formidable weapon system. But I have seen guys drop in over a $1000 to have it a really top notch system. I use a CA M24 its compatible with APS2 parts and I have one very reliable system for about $600 so far.. (CA = $300, TB = $100, ADV Cylinder = $100, hopup and misc. spare parts = $100) sure there are still things I want to do to it.. but I completely trust this weapon to get the job done for me, in the state it is in right now. I'm just not sure the level you can bring a bar10 to for the same price.. but I'm sure there are players on here who can give you that info.

I think as you play you will find, just like most of us, that what we think we need, from reading all this research trying to figure out what we want, will morph due to game play situations. And we have these mini epiphanies.. "oh I got to do that to this" or "man that didnt work like i thought" and so we will dump more cash in and tinker until we have it just so. But that is just the nature of "the Good Kill."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. Orignally I was looking at the Bar-10, and thats what I think Im going to go with. Unfortunatly, I recently lost my job so I dont have much cash, so I think the Bar-10 is the way to go.

-TD

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The good thing about the BAR is that with a few simple, non expensive mods, it can be got to just shy of 500fps, and thus be resonably competitve with other guns in that fps bracket. Then you can start to fork out the cash for better, more efficient parts to make it do what you want it to do ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have narrowed it down to the Bar-10 or the UTG MK96or the TSD MK96 , taking advice. Also if I did end up swinging towards the MK96 where could I find upgrades for that specific rifle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hmm....I'm not sure if you could find upgrades for a MK96, but a good place to start would be the great oracle, aka Google. As for the MK96, I would steer clear of it completely, and opt for the Bar-10, which is a much nicer quality, and as snipers know, the trigger can be squeezed much more easily, providing a more accurate shot. Also, UTG and TSD are not known for their support, quality, and service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.