Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got annoyed with all of the existing TDC designs that I've seen and decided to design my own. Basically I wanted something that didn't require gluing the base to the outer barrel while being more functional than what I've seen.

Main highlights:
-no gluing
-click adjustment
-rigid nub (with a spring return)
-drop in compatible with the AA VSR chamber

Obviously still requires drilling holes in the outer barrel, but I think this is a little more elegant than other designs. The biggest downside though, it's pretty tall (like 0.8"). I had to add height for the spring return and the click adjustment, though I think that's worthwhile.

I'll probably have a set machined for myself, but I'm guessing this is going to be pretty pricey if I go that route (there's 5 separate custom components here).

I may put it up on Shapeways or something for people to try out too. Anyone think that would be worthwhile?

Registered
That's too cool man. I see the gunsmithy inspiration, but taking a good design and making it even better is never a bad thing in my book. Why not print a few rather than get them cnced, atleast for a first batch? Shapeways is a nice idea as well, extra cool since I'm picking up a printer of my own pretty soon.

Reactions: SiliconeSword

Registered
I seriously want one as long as it costs close to a normal TDC.
I was pretty disappointed with my stupid Airsoft Philosopher chamber(tbh, I'm going to try some more stuff on it to make it worth all of the hard earned money I spent) and I still have my AA if all else fails
Also, what is the best nub in your opinion for R-hop?
I'd probably run one with this as I'm sick of Maple Leaf buckings getting worn.
Seriously excited, as I don't want to use a SKEEE, Gunsmithy, Tridos, or other similar style TDC as they only fit in the stock style chambers which are more prone to leaks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks fantastic! Except I don't have a VSR 😥. Got an A&K m24 on Monday and its begging for a TDC. Do you thing it would work in that platform?
I honestly don't know, but probably not.

That's too cool man. I see the gunsmithy inspiration, but taking a good design and making it even better is never a bad thing in my book. Why not print a few rather than get them cnced, atleast for a first batch? Shapeways is a nice idea as well, extra cool since I'm picking up a printer of my own pretty soon.
I could probably print some test pieces myself. Though I'm pretty sure the click function isn't going to work with plastic parts. Otherwise it might hold up ok.

I seriously want one as long as it costs close to a normal TDC.
I was pretty disappointed with my stupid Airsoft Philosopher chamber(tbh, I'm going to try some more stuff on it to make it worth all of the hard earned money I spent) and I still have my AA if all else fails
Also, what is the best nub in your opinion for R-hop?
I'd probably run one with this as I'm sick of Maple Leaf buckings getting worn.
Seriously excited, as I don't want to use a SKEEE, Gunsmithy, Tridos, or other similar style TDC as they only fit in the stock style chambers which are more prone to leaks.
Having it machined from aluminum will probably cost well past $100 honestly. Setting up a CNC for 5 one-off parts is crazy expensive.

No other nub needed with this either. It's built right in.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This reminded me of the EdGi too. But it looks like Masada's design has a piece that physically fits into the aa hop, which is solid!
Yep, it attaches directly to the AA hop up so it should always be aligned well.

I think technically this could be a combination of printed and machined parts. The nub specifically probably doesn't need to be machined, plus you could theoretically have a few different designs based on preference. It's pretty easy to change out without removing the hop up chamber or TDC base.

I'll try to get some parts printed today to see if it will even work, haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I printed the set, though my material choice wasn't great and they don't fit together super well. Still, looks like it should all work fine. I might just move on to machining a set now.

Also, uploaded a bunch of stuff to Shapeways. https://www.shapeways.com/designer/masada02/creations

Registered
Masada, could you also try an arm like that for the stock chamber? I would be very interested if possible
I mean, he could, but the AirsoftPro, various Maple Leaf arms, Stalker Panthera, and the ones on shapeways and thingiverse are already around if you need a concave type stock arm.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts