Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after long debate and trying to figure out just what I wanted I finally laid out the paint and I'm quite happy with it...



Here it is against some terrain not the best because I was taking the pictures solo so couldn't really get a shot among the heavy foliage that it was painted for...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
silentfury214 said:
i think a better place to put this would be in the pictures section. But, nice job!
Crud totally missed that section :-[ if a mod wants to move please do.

I have been getting flak over it on some other forums because it is outside the box. Where I play the main terrain is fern and salal with the huge patch of blackberry mixed in. So to get a good line of fire you are usually crouched and aiming just over the fern tops.

So what I did was to look at what I see from a crouch position and painted to match that look, like it is the tops of ferns and and other greens found in the area. When a lot of the guys paint their guns they do a woodland and against the lighter colors when shooting over the top the gun sticks out like a sore thumb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Looks really good ;) But if you wanted it to blend in with the top of the foliage, which is usually very light, you should've used a lighter background. It sounds radical, but it might work in the enviroment you play in. I've got that suit ( http://www.flywayspecialties.com/mirmcs2.jpg ) , only that mine is a bit lighter in the background, and it works well in light areas.

Just to consider ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the feedback ...

At eye level here the background is usually the tops of evergreens so hence the strong shading.

What gets me is the fact that if you don't paint it digi or woodland in our area everyone gets into a real tissy. I have a G36K for my field gun and it is painted similar and I have had quite a few people tell me that they never saw the gun until I moved. Also as humans we become trained to look for certain tell tale markers like light patches of tan in a dark environment or dark patches in a light environment. I have taken out a few snipers myself by looking for that rather large dark patch among the ferns and salal and just putting a round into it to be sure.

I have another Bar-10 stock and barrel and I'm thinking of painting it for a more winter scheme which will include more browns since the ferns die back so I can easily switch out as the seasons change.

I can see it now .. Opening the gun cabinet and having to decide which stock and barrel I will wear today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
sounguru said:
What gets me is the fact that if you don't paint it digi or woodland in our area everyone gets into a real tissy.
I think the phrase your looking for is 'Fuk'em' ;)

Its your rifle, paint the bloody thing bright red with white spots in the shape of flutterbys if its what tickles your pickle.

........Oh, and you happen to play on a field thats red and has alot of white flutterbys ;)

To be fair it looks good, it would actualy work quite well at my nearest site which also has alot of ferns and open grass land.

In those colours it would blend right in during the spring/summer :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vindicareassassin said:
I think the phrase your looking for is 'Fuk'em' ;)

Its your rifle, paint the bloody thing bright red with white spots in the shape of flutterbys if its what tickles your pickle.

........Oh, and you happen to play on a field thats red and has alot of white flutterbys ;)

To be fair it looks good, it would actualy work quite well at my nearest site which also has alot of ferns and open grass land.

In those colours it would blend right in during the spring/summer :)
I need to find another barrel, stock, and scope to make one for more open fields like we have on the western side of the state and that should cover all the areas I play in. So I would have one set of internals and 3 dressy external sets.

Funny you should mention white flutterbys because right now there are a crud load around the local lake I bass fish in and when I was out testing the range they were landing on the gun making their own camo patterns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
sounguru said:
Funny you should mention white flutterbys because right now there are a crud load around the local lake I bass fish in and when I was out testing the range they were landing on the gun making their own camo patterns.
Aaah, see, thats cuz I is in tune with mother nature, bit like one of them blue lanky things in the film only in a more short n stocky frame


Comes from being brought up right out in the sticks, in a time when there was only 3 channels on the tele box, and they were all in black and white, and personal computers hadn't even been invented, let alone computer games to dull the senses ;)

Jeez I feel old now reading that back :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
If you play like that out in a game that is good, then you just look like part of the scenery, but you can't move a muscle otherwise it's like putting a mile high neon sign advertising your l&l with a free side of fries.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
vindicareassassin said:
Aaah, see, thats cuz I is in tune with mother nature, bit like one of them blue lanky things in the film only in a more short n stocky frame


Comes from being brought up right out in the sticks, in a time when there was only 3 channels on the tele box, and they were all in black and white, and personal computers hadn't even been invented, let alone computer games to dull the senses ;)

Jeez I feel old now reading that back :(
Don't feel bad I'm right up there with ya and fat and slow and well you get the picture....


octoberknight said:
If you play like that out in a game that is good, then you just look like part of the scenery, but you can't move a muscle otherwise it's like putting a mile high neon sign advertising your l&l with a free side of fries.
See above reply about my chances of moving....


Actually playing around today the guy I had spotting for me said that even while moving the gun was hard to make out. Now the big fat guy behind it was a lot easier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,045 Posts
sounguru said:
vindicareassassin said:
Aaah, see, thats cuz I is in tune with mother nature, bit like one of them blue lanky things in the film only in a more short n stocky frame


Comes from being brought up right out in the sticks, in a time when there was only 3 channels on the tele box, and they were all in black and white, and personal computers hadn't even been invented, let alone computer games to dull the senses ;)

Jeez I feel old now reading that back :(
Don't feel bad I'm right up there with ya and fat and slow and well you get the picture....


octoberknight said:
If you play like that out in a game that is good, then you just look like part of the scenery, but you can't move a muscle otherwise it's like putting a mile high neon sign advertising your l&l with a free side of fries.
See above reply about my chances of moving....


Actually playing around today the guy I had spotting for me said that even while moving the gun was hard to make out. Now the big fat guy behind it was a lot easier.
You need to like I do..... inhale more..... exhale less.... instant thinness ;) You can resume breathing after a little jog between cover, when new cover is got behind, resume from the top..... not forgeting to redouble your efforts if theres a camara man near by
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top