Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barrel spacers are actually last on the list of problems. For one, if you've never taken apart the gun, the factory spacers (while shitty) have probably not changed position much since you got the gun. Foam spacers might slide, but as long as your barrel is secured by the endcap this isn't your problem.

Is this a new problem or has it been happening the whole time? My guess is that your bucking/hop up started screwing up on you. This happens with all L96 models, and it happens to clone models a LOT faster. You can try to take apart the stock unit but even with shimming, such a low quality unit will start messing up on you sooner rather than later.

Your only real solution if this is your problem is to replace the hop up and barrel

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I need help removing the barrel from my agm l96

2 points zulu missed.....

1/ In your other thread you mention you use .2s these are strickly for the spray 'n' pray brigade! If you want accurate shots you need heavier ammo. I have no idea what one of these AGM things is cloned off, and quite frankly I dont want to know, I also have no idea what fps these things fall out the box doing, thats in a real sense not what it says on the box, but just to give you a clue, I use .28s in a rifle that is at 350 fps power, and upto .43s in my 500 fps set up.

2/ When was the last time you actually CLEANED your barrel?
You need to keep your barrel VERY clean if you want any kind of consistancy. You need to follow this.....

And then read this, if you don't believe me ;)....

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also I seemed to forget that he's asking how to remove the barrel. He'll need to do this in any case, but the same link I gave you in my first post has a disassembly guide. Once you get to the barrel assembly just unscrew the mag catch (the square part sticking out from the barrel) and slide the barrel assembly out of the outer barrel.

Make sure you remove that screw when untwisting the outer barrel from the receiver. I also mentioned that in the diassembly.

Thanks for correcting me there, vindi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks guys. and to answer some questions, this gun is still extremely new, and still under warranty, so i dont wanna fuck around with the internals just yet, and second, i get it to shoot accurately and consistently.

now, i use highly polished .2's because i want the range. and after shooting it alot, i see that maybe .25's wont hurt.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Trust me when I tell you you will actually get more range from a bead blasted .28 than a mirror finished .2 ;) I'm not about to go into the physics of it, just take it as read.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
mcxznbv, two things:

1. please ease on Caps Lock when giving the subject of a thread, we have eyes and we will see your thread even if it's written with small letters with Capitals in correct places.

2. I'm sorry but this is your first warning due to a double posting, please read the rules to avoid further warnings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.