Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im intreasted in buying the Matrix AGM MP001 VSR10 from evike.com for 60$, i allready got a scope, and im going to buy bbs, but i want to increase the range, which is currently at 50-100 ft, really bad in my opinion, and i want to upgrade it to at least 130ft or 150ft, or even higher if its not to expensive,

what do i need to increase the range?
im guessing i just need to get a longer barrel, but then again, i dont know that much about airsoft

here is the link:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/matrix-mp001-vsr10-airsoft-sniper-rifle-scope-rail-black-p-24297.html

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I need help!!!

The rifle you are considering is well worth the money. As for your 'I want to shoot further' from what is basicaly musket technology and keep it form killing people when it hits them is a game of balance. First we'll need to know your field limits, so we can advise you better as to what is better and why.
But to start you off I'll show you some upgrades that will cost you very little money, but upgrade your power, to gain more range and the good thing is you can then combine them with any other upgrades you might buy in the future

First up seal the nozzle. I use electrical heat shrink, available from motor parts places etc, and shrink it to the tip of your nozzle with a dab of glue underneath it, like this (the black bit at the end ;))

Then cut a 7mm length of 10mm copper heating pipe and fit it to your spring guide, like this

Clean your barrel, following the guide I posted here

These mods should see you way over 500 fps without spending a bean.
Don't use anything less than .28 in weight for your bb, at 500 fps the best wieght is probably .36 or .4 ( available from Madbull)

Now read the other posts in this section and get an idea as to where you want to go next with your rifle and roughly how much it'll all cost ;)

VA

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Its just the tip that has been, ineffect, thickened up to tighten the air seal in the hop rubber, the hole down the middle is completely unobstructed ;) cover it over and the gun will cease to work as it relys on the air traveling down the tube to power it :)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Sorry chap but don't plan on stripping the gun for a while yet, but there really isn't anything special to see, just a bit of tube stuck to the nozzle with a hole going through it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.