Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my type 96. The pdi hop up is not flush with cylinder nozzle, and is grinding on the hop up. Its not that bad it is just a little harder to push the bolt those last 2 cm/1 inch. I looked everywhere and i dont know whats causing that. So pls help me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i could have a bent outer barrel. I tried unscrewing the barrel from recieverwith cylinder still in therw and there was more resistance at some point and than less. I also found out my cylinder nozzle is bent after mounting it on broken unjamming rod and spinning it. Im gonna replace the head, but im more worried about that barrel. They are preety expensive. Has anyone had that problem. Also im thinking cylinder nozzle bent after the grinding(?)

·
Registered
212 Posts
PDI makes an L96 outer barrel, though I question its compatibility with the UTG receivers, since UTG/TSD/Well/etc. receivers are off-spec from Maruzen (very commonly known fact).

Best option is to call UTG or TSD customer service and ask them if you can buy a replacement outer barrel. I don't think it's going to cost more than $30-40, which in all honesty isn't too bad.

Or, if you can find an L96 in a boneyard somewhere, you can salvage BOTH a new outer barrel AND a new cylinder head.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well... I h8 well. They are really sloppy and a cheapo company. Im thinking i would buy a.duralumin outer barrel and just sand down the threads. But, is the duralumin good material for outer barrel?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.