Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into getting a sniper for forever but all anyone ever has or recommends are VSR-10/BAR's, L96's, and alike, i get they work but i just don't like them, i really like the CYMA CM.707 but from what i've seen the quality isn't the best and requires a fair bit of modification for it to be decent on the field. I like the look of the ARES M40A6 and ARES Licensed Remington MSR but they really break the bank. Are there any ok rifles of a similar style or am i better off getting a VSR and putting it in a custom body?

·
Registered
159 Posts
There are a lot of well rifles, that look kinda cool, but are bad quality and have 'special' internals, so they would need to be upgraded quite a bit.
The Archwick MK13 seems pretty good, but isn't cheap.
I'd say go for the vsr platform and put the receiver in a body you like, or modify a cool body so that it fits the vsr stuff.
As SiliconeSword said, it depends on your teching skills.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have a curve ball,
What about a MK23 carbine?

Avoid Ares btw.

·
Registered
626 Posts
ARES is kinda shit, but from what I hear, the AS02 is pretty good and is very likely their best product
meh, too much a lot of things replace with tiny cylinder.

I prefer WELL MB01/08,

·
Registered
353 Posts
ARES is kinda shit, but from what I hear, the AS02 is pretty good and is very likely their best product
It's their best product, but it's still a meh product at best :D
Airsoft guns should be useable out of the box for at least a short time, they're not supposed to fail within the third magazine you put through it (looking at you brass cylinder) -.-

Reactions: beham

·
Registered
353 Posts
Lol yeah, I suppose you're right, but a Tokyo Marui VSR-10 is a brass cylinder with a coating, so not much stronger.
Butvit all depends on the spring
Not really.
A stock TM vsr will last a long time (if left stock at 0.8J).
The AS-02 brass pos failed on me within 100 shots (cut down SP100 to keep it below 1J), it died before I could even take it to its first game.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd wager at the pins at the rear that hold it together, mine failed after as few mags too.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Huh, where exactly did it fail?
Where every AS-01 and AS-02 cylinder fails, at the rear where the butt plate pins lock into the cylinder. Pins are of a much tougher material than brass so they literally shank themselves out.

·
Super Moderator
3,859 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i really can't go any more than like 300, maybe 350 if im luck but i really dont have any money to spare after than

·
Registered
800 Posts
To my knowledge, any fancy ass stock is going to be pretty expensive. The Akura tactical stock can be 3D printed for cheap. BUT you need a printer and all that. If you buy it CNC, it’s like $600 or so. Maple leaf makes a nice stock but it’s close to $200. Then of course I will mention Taring carving stocks because I received a small batch from him. However not everyone likes wood for a stock. One of the cheapest ways is to get some parts and hack shit up like I did 😄

1 - 17 of 17 Posts