Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an ICS m16, and I am currently in the process of turning it into I guess you could say a DMR. Not to long back I ordered an air nozzle with an oring inside it. It was a deepfire I thinnnnkkk.... It did not work. The bb's would not shoot out of the barrel and it sounded as if the barrel was plugged up. I gave that one to a friend but I recently bought another air nozzle with double orings. This one at first did the same. I had a lonex bucking on. The BB's(.25) would just jam and not shoot. I then took the lonex bucking off and put the stock bucking back on. After that it would shoot but very inconsistently.
I turned my m16 upside down, took the mag out, and shot a couple more times. It looks as if the air nozzle dosn't reset all the way back every time. Maybe thats it? If so can anyone explain why? The stock nozzle dose not do this. Thanks in advance.
---------------------------------------
Before I put the gearbox back in, I did press the nozzle back and forth with my finger to make sure it sprung back correctly. It did what it was supposed to then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can see the nozzle where the bb's feed in through the mag well into the hopup. From looking it up, all I found was maybe its fitting issues? The only thing I have changed is the nozzle. Would this happen if the nozzle is to long or large in diameter? If so what should I do?

·
Registered
951 Posts
ICS's hop up does not take aftermarket nozzles well.
it'll give you feeding issues.

The stock nozzle has a smaller diameter IIRC
The aftermarket nozzles get stuck in the hop up unit, causing airleaks and feeding problems.

·
Registered
554 Posts
O-ring air nozzles are better air nozzles.
More importantly, parts fitting and working properly always will yield better performance.

I do think you should attempt filing down the OD of the after-market air nozzle. That just might solve the issue you are having. Make sure your filing is nice and smooth and leaves no rough edges or burrs on the air nozzle. You don't want it to tear the bucking lips.
You would only need to file down the front 25-30% of the air nozzle, not the entire thing.

If your air nozzle is plastic, be careful filing it down.
You can go through plastic material very quickly with a file and risk removing too much material if you are not careful.

Keep us posted.
I am interested in how this turns out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys after about an hour using 400 grit sandpaper, some 2000 to smooth it out (Idk if that was really needed), a busted lightbulb(thanks to the spring guide...), and a half dead battery, I did get my new air nozzle to work! It hasn't had any feeding problems at all so far and seems to be working just like the standard ICS one. Thank you all for the help!

·
Registered
554 Posts
That is great man, and funny about the light bulb.

I lost a Selector Plate spring after trying to install it a couple days ago.
It shot out from its position when trying to install it.
I stretched this spring to accommodate my semi-only mod to the Selector Plate.
Found another one in the parts bin, so am good to go.
Just closed the gearbox 5 minutes ago and will field my DMR at the range tomorrow for some pre-Fulda Gap testing.

I see you are in SC.
Going to Fulda Gap?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha yea but the light bulb was on the corner of the desk I was working on. I don't know if it worked or not, but it sure doesn't now.

That's good that you found another spring. I think that's the worse part when ever you take something apart. All the tiny springs, are so easy to lose.
And I haven't heard anything about Fulda Gap yet. Me and my friend have been meaning to go to an actual game sometime. So I'll look it up. Right now I'm in Americorp in school. So hopefully it isn't when I have to go do something for hours.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok november 7. I will try to go. I currently do not know if I have anything planned for then. And it says it is a field paint only event what does that mean? And man this game looks hardcore lol. I feel under equipped hahaha. What all would I need to bring?

Oh wait this is a paintball game? So thats what the field paint only means?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok november 7. I will try to go. I currently do not know if I have anything planned for then. And it says it is a field paint only event what does that mean? And man this game looks hardcore lol. I feel under equipped hahaha. What all would I need to bring?

Oh wait this is a paintball game? So thats what the field paint only means?
There is both a Fulda Gap for paintball and airsoft at the same field.
The airsoft Fulda Gap is Oct 11-13, 2013.
The paintball Fulda Gap is Nov 8-10, 2013.

Links:
CDWC home page:
NC's premier Paintball & Airsoft Field CDWC

Fulda Gap / Airsoft:
AIRSOFT FULDA GAP SCENARIO

FULDA GAP AIRSOFT GAME 2013

·
Registered
230 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.