Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well most people know about the g-hop design, and roughly how it works by gently giving backspin to the bb over a longer period off time(I don't know everything about it and won't type everything I do know). I got this idea off of another persons nub design in the link here: http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4548.0

It would be a similar design as this but would be a constant slope that would slowly increase(more of a ramp shape instead of the shape in the pictures of the link) but will also have a groove cutout through the center of it like an scs or an h-nub. It will have two points of contact on the bb for stability and the ramp design will give more range from its ramp design.

Give input, will hope to try this design as soon as possible, maybe bump up my karma(haha but wouldn't hurt to do so).

·
Registered
807 Posts
There have been a few different ideas like this, even on this forum. PM Vindi, he still pops in from time to time, but I know he has been experimenting with something simmilar to this in terms of his nubbs for a while, he even mentions it in his DMR thread. Last I heard he was actually working on something very simmilar to the R-Hop, but I haven't heard how that has turned out.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
bobgengeskahn said:
There have been a few different ideas like this, even on this forum. PM Vindi, he still pops in from time to time, but I know he has been experimenting with something simmilar to this in terms of his nubbs for a while, he even mentions it in his DMR thread. Last I heard he was actually working on something very simmilar to the R-Hop, but I haven't heard how that has turned out.
I have been, and yes its been quite successful, the only down side it does take a fair bit of engineering to achieve properly and then tuning to get right.

I'm currently on version 2 in my AUG hop unit, and no longer using the LRB, and about to go on to V3, once done I'm then going to be taking a long hard, slightly squinty, look at the M4/16 hop chamber for my next DMR project.

My advice..... If you want perfection, you cant just do the 'plug'n'play' thing, the results you'll get will be half arsed at best, and probably nowhere near what your expectations of/from it are/will be.

You really do need to take it to the level HS5, your jap guy of G-hop fame, myself and many others around the world that are in search of that holy grail of range plus accuracy using heavy ammo and restricted fps, do to get anywhere near close.

·
Registered
807 Posts
One thing I just thought of: I have actually used the firefly bucking, and the firefly bucking has HUGE nubbs on the inside. Very sticky, very durable, however; it killed my accuracy. The problem was that the nubs were large and narrow, they contacted the BB different every time it passed through and I had a lot of fliers.

Point being: if you are going to try to make a new nub style make sure that there if there are any unique profiles that they are long and will compress the way you want when the BB passes by.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vindi if I understood right you are saying even at its best it wont really be good because it cant be precision made? I understand that if its what you meant, its mainly an idea. I will try it sometime though because I have made a fairly precision nub for the g hop affect with the h-nub grove(never really accurately tested but definitely improved range but unsure of accuracy). Also AHP I am the same way.

·
Registered
807 Posts
What Vindi is saying is that current designs are flawed due to already existing standards, so don't expect to make something that plugs into what you already have and expect it to be the miracle design. To really get range + accuracy + safe FPS limits, the entire system has to be re-designed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.