Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had another set of airsoft games last night and sadly, I still didn't do to well. I am getting better at finding holes to camp in and setting up ambushes, but none have been very fruitful yet. Well we were reloading in between rounds, I noticed that one of my friends kept throwing in comments every once in awhile, like "Hey Jeff have you got a kill yet?" or "I told you Snipers are stupid and pointless in airsoft." I was just wondering if you guys had any ideas of how I could prove him wrong, and if anyone else has gotten those kinds of comments before. I don't want to sound like a pansy or nothing, but it really kind of shook me up for the next round, and I got out really quickly because I was moving around a bunch.

·
Registered
299 Posts
My honest advice is to hold your tongue. You won't prove him wrong with snappy comebacks. If you aren't that good, just bide your time and do your best. You are getting OJT, on the job training. Military snipers train for hard for months and years because they can't afford to make even one mistake. You don't have the luxury of millions of dollars worth of equipment and training so you do your best.

I'm now dishing out my secret weapon for getting respect from others, so I expect you to use it wisely. It's just as uncomfortable to get compliments, although they're appreciated, as it is to be harassed. Moreso if you ask me. In either situation I prefer to offer a zen-like response. A simple shrug accompanied by "I do my best." And that's it. Don't say more, don't explain it. You shrug, you dish the line, and you STFU and get job done. (This works even better if you really are trying your best...)

This applies to everyone, and there are more than a few airsofters who need to learn this lesson:

In the real tactical world (military, LEO, contractors), you can pick the true operators out of the crowd by what they DON'T say. Ever stop to wonder why, if some is as shit hot as they say they are, they still feel the need to tell you? You want to prove yourself as a quality sniper (or any anything in ANY area of life)? STFU and just get it done.

Don't brag if your good, because pride goes before a fall. I've seen it time and time again, and I've even jacked it up quite a bit myself. I know probably better than anyone the value of keeping your mouth shut. More than once I've been on the brunt end of saying something stupid and losing respect for it. You can loose more respect with a single ill spoken sentence than you can gain in years of quality work. STFU and just get it done.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Phridum pretty much covered it. I mean... I try and do my best every single game of airsoft, like it's my last. However mistakes happen and things can go astray, but regardless of that you just need to keep your head up. Just as you hear in real steel, Snipers will, and always will... Get shit for absolutely no reason. We are a devious profession, one that relys on out-witting, not out powering the opponent. This is where a clear mind comes into play. If you go in saying "Oh, I'm going to prove that bastard wrong" and start playing agressive... Sure you'll get a shot or two at an opponent, but who knows how long you with a bolt action, can fend off 6-7 guys with AEG's.

Just think clearly, plan deviously, and have great confidence in yourself and your abilities, and you'll prove wiser and better equiped than any kid on that field.

Cheers man,
-Mosin

·
Registered
35 Posts
correct, the thing that makes me so happy is to hit somebody from long range and when the game is over they keep asking or saying they don't know who hit them , you can tell him, it was me , i was at this place and i shot you from there , or you can stay quiet and shoot him again from that same position the next game hehehe.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
And like I state if someone throws some crap on me about sniping or me and my rifle: "If you have something to say, tell it to my guns pipe." Yet again I don't need to say so so often or at all since at least in our forests snipers are feared enemies and a single sniper can hold a hole flank from moving.

And here it is a well known fact that you are a snipers marked target if you go emo on him. =D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.