Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My budget is under $600. I don't know what to choose as a base gun for a DMR.
The G&G M14 looks good as I have had experience with them. Also the RS SVD.
The A&K Sr25 looks good with tweaks and upgrades.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
The SVD is awesome... It's decent right out of the box.
Don't push it too much with stiff springs, there's a history of broken gearboxes also keep in mind for broken stocks! It has happen quite a few times!
And since you look to upgrade it you could buy the A&K AEG SVD (RS clone) or the S&T AEG SVD and change everything.

And the M14 EBR is a nice option IMHO....!

Wolf

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'd say go with the SVD with a nice SVD style scope and an R-Hop. Not much else should be needed other than a good polishing of the stock barrel. A guy at my field has a RS AK47 and the quality is amazing.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
No, I think is M130 it has ~410fps stock... Some people installed M170 but got ripped pistons and cracked gearboxes.
It's proprietary system and you can't put other stuff other than the stock... The stock internals are fairly solid but you can't upgrade it as you'd like.

Wolf

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
I run it almost stock... I've tweaked the hop up and installed a Systema bucking... And I might change the barrel or install an R-hop some day, it's not in my priorities right now.
The only annoying thing is the GB lockdown... It happens at least twice per game, it's an easy fix but still it's annoying!

Wolf

·
Registered
909 Posts
I run it almost stock... I've tweaked the hop up and installed a Systema bucking... And I might change the barrel or install an R-hop some day, it's not in my priorities right now.
The only annoying thing is the GB lockdown... It happens at least twice per game, it's an easy fix but still it's annoying!

Wolf
I hate when gearboxes lock up! Always seems to be when your trying to shoot someone also.

·
Administrator
6,193 Posts
RS sells the unjam key seperately as far as I know.
They tried to fix this with the second batch (wich is mine) but with no success.

To fix it remove the mag and stuff a screwdriver in a slot towards the GB, you make the gun full auto that way and the GB unlocks.
But the lockup is happening ALWAYS when you NEED a take the shot!

I always talk about guns problems... No matter what people say, or how expensive/rare is a gun.
But I have to encounter the problem first.

Wolf

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've seen the a&k sr25 customized, the rs svd customized, and I have a custom ca sr25. I am biased towards my own rifle, but when I saw a man with the rs svd, it was by far superior. I spoke with him a bit. It took to upgrades better than I had expected. He was easily hitting shots at 200+ ft with a decent grouping. The optics on it were real steel, and I have heard of having trouble zeroing the scope on svds, but his was spot on. The a&k sr25 is an alright alternative, but with how much you have, you could easily make the svd perfect. I hope this input isn't a little late. Just hope it may help.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I really liked my scope and found that it was very easy to zero. I found that each click did move the reticle a lot more than standard scopes, which I kinda liked. The only thing with my scope was that I was using tan MadBull 0.40g's and the scope was tinted yellow, but I still saw where my shots went most of the time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.