Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Last game my SSG10-A3 was rejected for beiing over the joule limit (limit is 2,3J).
I tested this setup at home and it was under the joule limit by 0,11J after the game the same setup was 0,06J over the limit, how is this possible? (rapax 3+ spring)
Now I installed the rapax 2+ spring and I only get 1,55J even with 12mm of adjuster rings I only get 1,7J is this normal to get this less of an increase with the fps rings?
How much do I need to cut off from the rapax 3+ the get below my field limits?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
It sounds like there was maybe a temperature difference, there's a faulty chronograph, or something else weird going on.

One thing it could be is air pressure/elevation, as when I go to my field I have a decrease from 2,543 feet to 880 feet, so I lose a bit of power since I use HPA.
With springs I think you'd gain power at a lower altitude, as the air would be more "springy" due to more "air" in the air.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Unless you or the field has inaccurate chrono’s my experience is that they are pretty consistent with less than .05 J error. (do they have some odd open air or paintball chrono?)

Is your spring BRAND new? I found springs that are brand new and sub 500 shots/pulls could be inconsistent in their energy output. Mind you, not .2 J inconsistent. However my maple leaf, laylax, guarder, evike, shs, and matrix spring experience all has shown me varying degree of spring settling (varying from .1 to as much as .3J)
I don’t know if anyone does this…but for me…when I’m trying to just get RIGHT up to the joule limit. All I do is heat the spring and compress it down by a couple of millimeters. It works out well when I’m trying to drop it by .1J. However I’ve never heard anyone else doing this – however it’s work out very well for me.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Did you test with and without the hop set?
How did your field chrono your gun?

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
If you do need to bring the energy down a little just wrap some solder around the piston and then a layer of tape to hold it on. This should slow the piston down enough for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you do need to bring the energy down a little just wrap some solder around the piston and then a layer of tape to hold it on. This should slow the piston down enough for you.
But with the stalker piston the novritsch cylinder is to small and I have to use heavier spring to overcome the more friction the piston has, if I move to a smaller spring the Joule drops down way more then I think it should

·
Registered
Octavia VRS
61 Posts
Not to be daft but have you greased the piston glide rings?
My SCW piston is relatively tight with the tolerances of the inner diameter of the cylinder.
I found my FPS more consistent and a little higher when it was properly lubricated.

Also is the piston new along with the spring? Are you using an air break but not before?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts