Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to ask a few question, Im currently using 455 mm edgi 6.01 barrel using 130 psi Im getting 470 fps with 0.2, but whem im using 0.48 im geting 371 fps or around 3.2 joules ( 580 fps in 0.2 ) this must be a joule creep. so im thinking that my barrel is too short for the Bolt Hpa system ? so i joule creep much. but how about when i change the barrel to 560mm or 650mm like the KJW m700, will it still joule creeping ? or my fps will go higher using longer barrel ? need help for the information. thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
What are you trying to do?

If you put in a longer barrel it will be even higher.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you trying to do?

If you put in a longer barrel it will be even higher.
i thought my rifle joule creep a lot because my barrel is 455m so im thinking to use longer barrel. so if i use longer barrel it will joule creep more ? because of the hpa system ?

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Yep. Again what is it that you are trying to do? Tring to eliminate your joule creep or what?

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Then break the laws of physics.

Shorter barrel will drop the power of both. You will need to reduce the reservoir of air that is stored. Or reduce the time the valve is open (dwell). The first is possible, but the second is not really possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Then break the laws of physics.

Shorter barrel will drop the power of both. You will need to reduce the reservoir of air that is stored. Or reduce the time the valve is open (dwell). The first is possible, but the second is not really possible.
so if i put a longer barrel using the same psi that i use now, it will just increase more power & Joules ? i read in another post that gas or hpa power will increase more power with longer barrel, not like spring power that firing a fix volume of air.

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
Power=joules

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
If your field has a limit of 550 FPS with a .20g(2.81J) then you want your .48g to be 355 FPS as that will also be 2.81J.

As for barrel length, I have 300mm right now while I'm planning to move to 475, but I would stick with the barrel that you have now as that's a good barrel.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your field has a limit of 550 FPS with a .20g(2.81J) then you want your .48g to be 355 FPS as that will also be 2.81J.

As for barrel length, I have 300mm right now while I'm planning to move to 475, but I would stick with the barrel that you have now as that's a good barrel.
so thats being said i just lower my psi until i got 355 fps with my .48 gram bb. so my last main question is in HPA if i use longer barrel the fps will be higher as i increase more barrel length ? because i have another edgi 550mm 6.01 barrel.

·
Registered
648 Posts
In almost all cases, longer barrels increase fps. Aka saves air. As long as you don’t have a barrel too long. 300-550mm is the length people typically run in Vsrs. Honestly if you have a tank just pick whatever you want. I like short barrels (300mm) so that way the rifle isn’t too long with a can on it. But for a co2 setup using 12g cartridges, longer barrels are more beneficial because you’ll get more shots per cartridge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts