Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, i'm thinking of redesigning my custom trigger's sear system to use a bearing roller like the laylax/action army triggers. It'll be like the bulltrig/noobie triggers but have a bearing for contact instead of direct metal on metal. How would you guys feel about this? Theoretically, it would make the pull much smoother, as well as improve the life of the trigger, but it may not be as crispy. It would also enable me to use less overkill materials to still get that infinite life. Maybe because it's airsoft and not real, crispy isn't necessary, as the bearing provides far more tangible benefits? Idk how I even feel.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The main benefit is honestly that with a roller bearing, I can probably cut final product cost down by $20-40.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Cutting that much cost, a bearing makes a lot more sense. Plus has some marketing value. In my opinion I like realistic to a point but when it adds significant cost to my already pretty unrealistic toy, I say no go. On the other side, if it totally beyond being able to imagine the realism (sci-fi, hack builds, drum mag in BASR) or if it completely unbalances classes (HPA BASR with hi-cap mag) it bothers me as well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cutting that much cost, a bearing makes a lot more sense. Plus has some marketing value. In my opinion I like realistic to a point but when it adds significant cost to my already pretty unrealistic toy, I say no go. On the other side, if it totally beyond being able to imagine the realism (sci-fi, hack builds, drum mag in BASR) or if it completely unbalances classes (HPA BASR with hi-cap mag) it bothers me as well.
Yeah I completely agree with you there. I'm mostly making this post to ensure there's no lurking overwhelming sentiment against roller sears. Imo, a lighter trigger pull generally seems much better suited towards sniper gameplay anyways.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The use of bearings seems to make more sense in airsofts. Though crispy trigger sounds tantalizing, but I could get that from a gbb handgun as a sidearm, which as a sniper should carry.

Seeing how Slong made their VSR trigger able to be pulled by a sheet of tissue looped on it and yanked back without shred even by a bit is awesome.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Tbh it seems like I mostly see players going shortest/fastest/lightest trigger on builds (basr and AEG) rather than crisp and heavier. People that want realism go for gbbr and don't care about its downsides.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My own trigger preference is medium weight and extremely short.
For a sniper this is so it doesn't get set off by jumping or setting your gun down, but you can shoot very effectively.
For anything else, you'll get something like this where your gun doesn't know what to do and mimics full auto sometimes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts