Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting bolt action sniper rifle, I'm deciding between bar 10 (vsr clone) , well mb01/8 (marunzen l96 clone) or cyma cm703. For first two I've read a lot of reviews and informations. By the look of it cm703 appears to be tm l96 aws clone. So my question is does anyone have some more info on cm703 or personal experience? Is it tm l96 aws clone and compatible with same upgrades? I've found it on taiwangun: CM.703 [CM] - TaiwanGun.com

Reactions: topcatti and Reliku

·
Registered
415 Posts
I have heard that the tm l96 has a complicated loading system and not that many upgrades for it in my opinion. I would get the utg l96 or jg bar 10. The utg l96 uses a Maruzen system and has many upgrade paths. I use this gun and it is fully upgraded other than my spring and I Acheive great results. Keep in mind some think this gun is heavy and I would say it's a little heavy but I love the l96. Many people prefer the jg bar 10 over the utg l96 because it is a lot lighter and has more upgrades.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've found a lot of upgrades for vsr, marunzen l96 and tm l96 aws systems on aspuk.uk , so upgrades are not that difficult to come by. Reading aspuk's identify your rifle guide they are mentioning well l96 aws being tm l96 aws compatible and since cyma look almost identical to well and tm l96 aws I was wondering if it's alo compatible. I kinda love that real l96 look, but if it's not compatible I'll probably buy bar 10 because it have metal trigger box compared to plastic one from well mb01 or mb08.

·
Registered
415 Posts
APSUK/airsoftpro upgrades are good. They definitely aren't as good as action army, Laylax and pdi though.Also if you get the bar 10, it does have a metal trigger box but it has a 45 degree trigger system which makes it harder to push your bolt in after the piston catches so the cycling isn't all that good on a stock bar 10 unless you get the action army zero trigger or some aftermarket 90 degree trigger.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm completely aware of trigger system (I've done my research well). My guess would be if I get bar 10 i would upgrade sears, hop up arm,bucking and tdc mod, after that when i get money I'd go for 90 degree system with aa hop up chamber and precise barrel. Actually I'd do that on any of the 3 snipers I listed. Now I'm just tring to find more info on cm703 before I decide between 3 of them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice readup on your link Reliku, after I put together dmr I'll sell my cyma aks74u and get myself either jg bar 10 or well l96 basr. Those two (especially vsr10) seems to have the most upgrades avaliable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This seems to be the only thing google finds about this gun. Well anyways, i ordered this yesterday, is this TM AWS spec for sure? I was planning on ordering Action army 430mm barrel and ASpro zerotrigger with piston assembly to have them ready..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just got cyma 703, plastic is very light and somewhat cheap feeling. AS pro piston is like 3mm too thin... Do i now need to buy ASpro cylinder kit? How will it fit the bolt assembly since its smaller?

How about if i just use bigger O ring? Would i have problems with piston catching to the trigger sear?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cant compare it to another L96 since i dont have one, but i can give some sizes of cymas cylinder and piston..

Cylinder inner diameter 23mm
Piston thickness 21mm
Piston length 76mm

ASpro piston thickness 19mm

If i add another O ring on the ASpro piston i get good seal but the piston is too far away for the zero trigger sear to catch it.. :bs:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the specs found this online 23mm pdi ??

CYLINDERS
The manufacturing method for PDI cylinders is cold-forging, which is how real sniper rifle barrels are produced. The machinery used in this process costs as much as a new sports car from the higher end, but the achieved super-tight tolerance of a hundredth of a millimeter makes these cylinders the most accurate ones on the market. The slots are laser-cut and the rear shaft is precision-welded in place for ultimate strength.
PDI makes two main types of cylinders for the VSR-10 series: Precision and B-UP. Regular cylinders have a bore diameter of 22mm, while the B-UP series are a whole millimeter larger at 23mm. Every part inside the cylinder has to be B-UP type, and you need to use special rings inside the receiver as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Meh, those are VSR10 parts, might have problem with the size of VSR10 piston. Im going to order ASpro cylinder and cylinder head when i get money and see what happens... atleast the cyma cylinder is correct lenght.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Looking at the picrures ov the 703... I could not find any difference to TM & clones of the L96 AWS except the outer barrel is not conical.

Here are the specifications on the airsoftpro piston

Specs:

• Outer piston diameter: 19,7 mm
  • Inner piston diameter: 9,4mm !!!!
  • Piston length: 77,5 mm
  • Piston weight: 12g

1 - 20 of 39 Posts