Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
They are identical expect for the cylinder assembly :p. honestly idk how to make zero trigger work on this gun. Not sure if the ASpro cylinder kit would help since essentially you still would have the same distance from the trigger sear which is the problem atleast for me.

http://i.imgur.com/VnAWDyn.png

There is some sort of drawing of my problem.

Orange line is the receiver where you screw your zero trigger in to.

Top picture you have cyma cylinder with ASpro zero trigger and piston and extra big O rings, the sear isnt long enough for it to catch.

Bottom picture is just a sketch of what ASpro cylinder would look like, in my mind. It would still have the same problem since the piston would essentially be as far away from the receiver where your zero trigger is...

I have no idea what to do next, i even filed a little bit off the receiver and zero trigger and it made it somewhat work, it catches to the trigger sear but very badly and unreliably, im afraid to file more since i already ruined another of the zero triggers screw threads.

Only thing i could come up with would be

a) File total of +1mm more off the receiver+zero trigger
b) Custom piston with crappy cyma cylinder
c) Custom longer zero trigger sear

Would love to hear people thoughts about this problem even if they hadnt fixed it :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoping you can get a fix for this, still trying to research this, i have seen the patrolbase are now selling this gun, i have posted in their fb page as they say they have parts but in still awaiting the links

·
Registered
31 Posts
ASpro cylinder seems to be compatible after filing 0.3mm grooves on it. Ofc its thinner so dont know if thats going to cause some issues, could be fixed with some sort of spacers.

I dont have the cylinder head yet so i dont know the full functionality, but it seems to work perfectly when i push the piston back with a screwdriver. I have no idea how the cylinder could have solved the issue but the cymas cylinder is TERRIBLE. This is my first bolt action i have opened but holy shit that stock cylinder is terrible quality metal, honestly it feels like its 50% aluminium and 50% plastic.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It works! Got perfect seal on every part, piston wont return if you hold your finger on the barrel etc. I still wouldnt recommend this to anyone over the Well since the cylinder is the wrong size, i cut spacers from the old cylinder so the new cylinder wont wobble around.

Aftermarket parts list:
Action army 430mm 6.01m
Maple leaf 70 degree something, diamond/monster?
ASpro zero trigger
ASpro cylinder + head
ASpro piston, M160 spring, spring guide

Other mods:
Dental floss + teflon tape on hop up rubber
Eraser nub
Barrel full of candle wax, so is the kitchen

http://i.imgur.com/7uVz8TC.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
CM703 < Annoying

So I have given up, I managed to source a WELL MB4403 which was broken (Only the bolt handle - £8.99 replacement 100% Compatible with TM) and two tone, took the whole internals and screwed it into the cyma cm703 body, all sorted :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it might just be that specific rifle. I have a cm 703 and i love it. great air seal and i replaced the loading plate with an angel custom one immediately. i also have a m160 spring and 6.03 500mm madbull barrel and am easily making people call their hits at 100m

·
Registered
92 Posts
and my response might help someone 5 years from now
You just posted saying your hitting 100m shots on an aws platform using a 500mm barrel. I'm a bit (read very) sceptical of your claim personally. Most new users don't join,necro and claim to be hitting 100m shots with a very low cylinder/barrel ratio rifle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You just posted saying your hitting 100m shots on an aws platform using a 500mm barrel. I'm a bit (read very) sceptical of your claim personally. Most new users don't join,necro and claim to be hitting 100m shots with a very low cylinder/barrel ratio rifle.
i might be new to the forum, but not to airsoft. I have completely overhauled everything internally

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new to this forum, new to sniper rifles as well ... if you don't mind "necro posting" please provide parts list (what you got/recommend) for cyma CM703

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I personally would not recommend the CM703, I'd suggest a Novritsch SSG10 or a Silverback TAC41 instead as they perform way better when you get them, and they need minimal upgrades which could save you hundreds of dollars.

The SRS, HTI, T11, SSG96, Modify Scout, Modify M24, and classic gutted VSR-10 are all great too, but you will be paying more money for basically nothing unless you like heavy guns, the way they look, or paying more money for upgrade parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I personally would not recommend the CM703, I'd suggest a Novritsch SSG10 or a Silverback TAC41 instead as they perform way better when you get them, and they need minimal upgrades which could save you hundreds of dollars.

The SRS, HTI, T11, SSG96, Modify Scout, Modify M24, and classic gutted VSR-10 are all great too, but you will be paying more money for basically nothing unless you like heavy guns, the way they look, or paying more money for upgrade parts.
Thank you for answering !
I really like 25 year free spare parts supply with every rifle of Novritsch and availability of spare parts... but it looks like my weapon of choice would be Silverback TAC41- first I have to find available 500fps spring and supresor. CM703 goes on the shelf "ill-considered purchases"

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would say in terms of rifles worth getting (in no particular order)

Ready to field (with spring change to desired power)
-srs
-tac 41p
-ssg rifles

Remington 700 base (vsr system) that you are willing to upgrade
-aac t10/t11
-jg bar10
-Cyma 701
-mb02/03

L96 base (aps2/type96) you are willing to upgrade
-Mb01
-asg aw .308

Anything else isn't widely recommended outside of very experienced techs (as need to custom make/modify parts) or low power scenarios

21 - 39 of 39 Posts