Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Nice to see you posted that guide I wrote on my Ebay account. ;) Glad to see you found it informative! I wrote that because I was angry with retailers selling 6.01 tightbores as if they were the perfect solution to range and accuracy.

The other test is quite informative too, thank you!

· Registered
20 Posts
Hehe. I got tired of people always asking here and wanted to knowbif anyone did a orga and tk twist side by side.

For both of those :)

Glad to have you here (good to see sighting the source paid off)
Thanks man! I love the Orga 6.23. My Polar Star gets 200ft effective range with a 300mm barrel and flat hop at 400fps +/-2fps. I use Elite Force .28g bbs with that setup (MK18). The MK12 setup has about the same effective range but with Semi-Auto at 450fps and .40g WE bbs. Can't wait to see what an R-hop does! I'll post a thread about all my experimentation sometime.

I also wanna try that Prometheus Delta Strike (I think that is what it's called). Anyone use that barrel with notable success?

· Registered
20 Posts
Great write-up (I have not read all of it yet but from what I see it looks good).
One thing I did note is that you say that the PDI hopups are good. I don't know if you have ever owned one but they are not that great. I have owned 2 of them and I got rid of them both. I now recommend that people don't waste their money on one.
They are hard to make accurate (they can be made accurate though) and they also loose FPS because they use AEG buckings. If they stuck with normal VSR or L96 buckings (These designs are better than the AEG bucking design) then the hopup chamber would have been better than a standard chamber.
I would suggest you edit that part out. :) Cheers

Also people can use an extra long barrel to make their gun more accurate but it will need a little downward curve (from a long range barrel mod) to make the bb travel along the top of the inner barrel. This will mean the bb will exit the barrel at the same point each time. So you can get excellent accuracy and more FPS with a long inner barrel but you will need the LRB mod.

Another thing is I found the Reaps bucking to be good but the Maple bucking is better. The nub is designed slightly better.

One thing I wonder about barrels with rifling is, how do you clean them? I would think that you would leave little pieces of cloth in the rifling.
I had good experiences with PDI hop ups, but I've only used ones for the SW M24. I can't say anything about the APS and VSR ones, so I'll take your advice and edit that lol. And with the LRB mod I decided not to discuss that - as it is a little more advanced and I have not performed the mod yet, so I decided not to speak on it.

Thanks for your advice! And as for cleaning the rifled barrels, I think a more rigid material like a piece from a bedsheet or tarp would work nicely. The surface is smooth and doesn't give off lint like cotton or polyester can if ripped.

· Registered
20 Posts
Is the ir-hop just as good as r-hop or have he compromised to get it to work better in colder weather?
I like the IR-hops more because they are much easier to work with, and seem more durable than the standard material (not saying it isn't - it's still incredibly durable). I would recommend the Maple Leaf bucking and a standard nub. Once you gain more experience, try a few R-hop installs on old stock barrels. Wouldn't want to ruin an expensive aftermarket barrel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.