Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and I was told to post an intro thread first so here I go.
I have a team, CCA, which I am currently the leader of. I play mainly as a squad leader using an AK47. I started off as an "engineer/medic" with a Thompson but began my sniping quest with a WELL MK96. It developed problems, and I sold it and got my AK47, which acts as a DMR. I'm glad that happened though because I learned a lot about sniping from it which I will post for beginners later. I just purchased a Matrix Dragunov SVD and plan on upgrading it in the future. My camoflauge is Woodland Bdu, Ghillie Suits, And Realtree AP in the fall. This also leads into my question- what do you guys think about Ghillie Suits? Heres my pro/con list.
Pros- Look awesome, help blend a lot better, add to intimidation factor
Cons- Expensive for a quality one, can be cheap, make it hard to maneuver with

What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
6,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum.... Properly.

Ghillies help you blent in to the environment, hand made are better than "of the shelf" since you put on it colors that are more suited to your fields.

Wolf

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum.... Properly.

Ghillies help you blent in to the environment, hand made are better than "of the shelf" since you put on it colors that are more suited to your fields.

Wolf
Yeah, I want to make my own soon but for now I use one I got from an outdoors store for $70. I want to make a desert tan one myself. I have a friend who is really into hunting and he made his own tan one, hopefully he and I can make one together. And I know I'm new here, but some day could I get a gun under my posts like that? and thank you all for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Being new has nothing to do with the emblems (userbars). They were made by a member here: http://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/showthread.php?t=5238
He hasnt been on in a while though so Im not sure if you'll be able to get one. You could look into making your own one.:shrug:

·
Registered
81 Posts
You should really build a ghillie suit. It was time consuming and takes a lot of patience but it is worth. I recently built my ghillie suit and it looks great, plus I literally spent only about 40$ to make. Build your own, you won't regret it.

Rougey

·
Registered
558 Posts
Welcome to the forum...... Properly

-Wolf

LOL jk man but Welcome to ASF

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Welcome.

Ghillie suits are great, when used properly and at the right locations. Can't just put one on and expect to be invisible. Otherwise that mindset would do more harm then good.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Good lord, Rougey, a necro that's 1 year and 2 months??? How do you people even find posts this old to bring back from the dead??? And you wasted Fuzzy's precious time here by deceiving him on the original post date!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome.
Nothing to add on the ghillie stuff already sayd.
If you dont want to make your own, you can always try a leaf suit. Some are pretty good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

Homemade ghillies are deffy the best! (HAve a couple of home made and a couple of store bought ones, prefabricated are horrid).

Either get a Tactical Concealment poncho or a Bushrag Ghillie Suit Kit with a m65 / m75 uniform to sow it onto. Brilliant solutions.

·
Registered
558 Posts
LOL I just saw the date, I didn't realize this was from 2012. STOP POSTING! this is a dead thread!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.