Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Somehow I don't think that counts. Lol. I am not being big-headed or anything but there is absolutely no-one I know (In Ireland) who is serious into sniping, learn the trade or make their own ghillie suits. They all use AEG's which they call DMR's and the ones that do use boltys usually just put a load of money into upgrading them but are afraid to do anything DIY and can't get proper performance out of them cause they don't know how. It's a pity. I've never met anyone (besides those on this forum and a person in a Army camp) that has made their own ghillie, they buy them over her. I seem to be the only actual person that you could call a "Sniper" over here. Of course this is only from who've I've met but if anyone is serious you'd think they'd join the board. Also when playing with them and your trying to hide they call "Sniper, Sniper - get the guy at my 11 o'clock" It gets annoying. I move in for the kill separate from them. Not with them.

Granted there are a few who know what they are talking about when it comes to sniping but really the minority. It's mainly guys running around in either BDU's or a bought ghillie and a stock bar-10 or L96. There are many out there though who know MUCH MUCH more about AEG's than me in Ireland. I'd say in my group about 40% of them would know a lot more about AEG's then me.

Anyway enough B*tching on my behalf. I am not insulting anyone here or in Ireland. I am just giving my own honest opinion on what sniping is in Ireland. I am just a little frustrated that I have no-one local to talk to. :( :-/

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would love to go to Ireland. From what I've heard it is beautiful, 1,000,000,000,000 times better than California. I honestly just wish I could go over seas anywhere. Ireland, Germany, and New Zealand would be my first choices.

It is a bummer though that there aren't any real snipers that you can play with. I tell you, when you are playing with somebody that has equal or even greater skill then you, it gets under your skin. But it's fun.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
furrycowthingy said:
I would love to go to Ireland. From what I've heard it is beautiful, 1,000,000,000,000 times better than California. I honestly just wish I could go over seas anywhere. Ireland, Germany, and New Zealand would be my first choices.

It is a bummer though that there aren't any real snipers that you can play with. I tell you, when you are playing with somebody that has equal or even greater skill then you, it gets under your skin. But it's fun.
The thing is though, The AEG's have as good of a range as my sniper rifle because of the one joule limit. Well actually I do out-range them a good bit because of the PDI hop-up but they can't feel the bb at that range because it only has one joule behind it. I have these experienced players who've I hit at 200ft say "No,no I would have definitely felt it and called it" And I definetely hit these guys. That's how inexperienced they are with sniper rifles.

It does however add stealth to the game which is another fun aspect. The only problem is the field we play in is densely wooded and not that wide so it's hard to flank. :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
furrycowthingy said:

Enough said.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Well, youtube is always a place for comments by people with strong meanings XD Some people like the immigration, some don't. Personally I would preffer that we didn't take in so many as we do today. Also there is a reason some people are angry :/ Most of the adult immigrants are okay. They work and abide the law, but the ones around my age are no good. They make it bad in school, walk around beating Norwegians up, and become criminals. There is almost no use going out in the city to have some fun at night, because the immigrants always tend to make trouble out of nothing...

Guess I'll get grilled for this but, hey, thats the way it is...

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2Echo said:
Well, youtube is always a place for comments by people with strong meanings XD Some people like the immigration, some don't. Personally I would preffer that we didn't take in so many as we do today. Also there is a reason some people are angry :/ Most of the adult immigrants are okay. They work and abide the law, but the ones around my age are no good. They make it bad in school, walk around beating Norwegians up, and become criminals. There is almost no use going out in the city to have some fun at night, because the immigrants always tend to make trouble out of nothing...

Guess I'll get grilled for this but, hey, thats the way it is...
This is about Irish players. Speaking about Northern people is a little off-topic don't you think?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have mostly the same problem in my area. Too many CoD snipers, not enough practised snipers :-/
I know there are some really experienced snipers in the UK, but the question is where and how do I play with them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.