Airsoft Sniper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around at some Asian airsoft shops (I generally do the daily check on Evike and AirsoftGI, but I figured it would be worth it to do a check overseas), and on WGCShop, I found the Ares MCM700X for $225. Obviously, shipping will be an additional expense, but at that price, it seems worth it. There are only two issues I'm worried about: 1. I know Ares rifles are generally discouraged, but at this price, would that be justifiable? 2. I am unsure as to whether it is the gen 1 or gen 2. Any way to check that? Thanks.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you want the looks, then it's fine at that price. Just remember you could always build VSR/APS2 platforms for cheaper and have better internals. The MCM has a lot of proprietary stuff like the plastic hop up chamber and chinesium trigger box. The only way I know of to check which generation the platform is is to check the trigger sear. Black 45 degree is a gen 1. Grey 90 degree is a gen 2.

Reactions: DJsnipe

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want the looks, then it's fine at that price. Just remember you could always build VSR/APS2 platforms for cheaper and have better internals. The MCM has a lot of proprietary stuff like the plastic hop up chamber and chinesium trigger box. The only way I know of to check which generation the platform is is to check the trigger sear. Black 45 degree is a gen 1. Grey 90 degree is a gen 2.
I knew that. I wanted to know before I would buy it 🙂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts