Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, still relatively new to HPA set-ups but saw a few guys running an HPA set up with their VSR-10's and the guns were shooting beautifully.

I have invested a pretty fair amount into my vsr-10 and it just seems like it isnt performing the way it should be...before I run off and spend another $150-175 on a new cylinder/receiver, this peeked my interest.

Can anyone speak to the pros/cons of going HPA on my vsr-10.

Would it render most of my upgrades (signature) useless? Could I still use my springer 90* trigger?

I figure if I am going to spend another $150 or so I should at least consider spending double and going all the way to avoid continuous letdown...

**Referring to the wolverine bolt system--seems to be the most popular**

·
Registered
25 Posts
I can only tell about the system I have build few weeks ago - not based on Wolverine Bolt. It is a Mancraft SDiK + wolverine storm HP regulator (Mancraft M.A.R.S. reg was not consistent enough) + small 13cu HP tank. It works in +/- 0,5fps range. The rest is AA HU chamber , ML Crazy Jet barrel, ML 70deg. Autobot bucking. It is more acurate than custom build spring setup i have in second VSR which is based on exactly the same barrel/hopup/bucking.

When you use Mancraft you can order it for 45 or 90 deg. trigger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can only tell about the system I have build few weeks ago - not based on Wolverine Bolt. It is a Mancraft SDiK + wolverine storm HP regulator (Mancraft M.A.R.S. reg was not consistent enough) + small 13cu HP tank. It works in +/- 0,5fps range. The rest is AA HU chamber , ML Crazy Jet barrel, ML 70deg. Autobot bucking. It is more acurate than custom build spring setup i have in second VSR which is based on exactly the same barrel/hopup/bucking.

When you use Mancraft you can order it for 45 or 90 deg. trigger.
how about distance?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have owned several Snipers and have fought the issues you're facing. I'll ask this question first, are you still using the same BB's, for all the builds. Or mods you've completed thus far? Trying a different bb solved most of my issues when I brought this to the attention of a friend, tried it and Bingo. Having said that Yes the "Bolt" is a great investment, stops the parts buying. Minus Buckings/nubs and wear items, but the initial investment is the "kick in the nuts." Tank/Reg/Hose/Bolt and Batteries. And down the road you'll wanna buy a Scuba tank if you don't have anyone that can fill your small tank with HPA. One more thing to consider down the road, because it sucks to run out of air right before the last skirmish/evolution of the day or at an OP. Positives of HPA, the Consistency of shots will improve greatly. Chronoing will become easier, just set air pressure and go. Spring and Chamber replacements will go away. Trigger issues too, because it simply taps a Micro Switch. You can pretty much tweek it to how soft you want the trigger, set it and forget it. Cleaner operation no more cleaning the chamber and getting the sand out of it. ( I live in FL ) Anyway I think you get the Idea. There are are far more positives than negatives, other that the initial investment drawback. I have 7 HPA rifles, and I have never even considered buying another AEG or Spring Powered rifle. And if it is... it's converted to HPA pretty quickly. Hope this helps. Best of Luck to you....

·
Registered
123 Posts
like mentioned above perfromance at same fps will be equal between hpa and spring. hpa gives you just the advantage of very consistent shots without any worry about wear down on internals (beside buckings), less noise and an very easy (and with the wolverine bolt short) bolt pull.
i ended up putting a 9ci bottle in my stock and carry the wolverine storm hp regulator in a stock puch.
Picture is old..

zhe maple leaf buckings perform great in warm conditions, however in the last months where we had cold temperatures they where very inconsistent. so i still consider going rhop for next winter season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.