Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
First of all make an intro post in the appropriate section. Kind of a rule around here if you're new to the forums.

Secondly, I didn't quite get your question. Success with what? And no, "joules" aren't everything. What matters is the whole rifle, properly build and tuned. And even that isn't everything, you also need good BBs and match the BB weight to your fps accordingly to get good results.

· Registered
193 Posts
Accuracy and range is most important things.
IF you can shoot far and accurate with low fps, you are gtg.
Your BBs will fly longer time and that is the only downside I think.

· Registered
255 Posts
And the question was in other words does bb velocity help snipers job?
It does if you've tuned every other thing in your rifle accordingly. And it helps only to a certain level cause we're restricted by the weight of BBs and very high speeds will only worsen the outcome if you don't increase the BB weight, and anything heavier than .43-45 is prohibited by most of the rules.
Mere velocity won't do the trick as you need accurate shots and for this you have to get a decent inner barrel and hop-up, as well as do some mods (i.e. TDC, LRB, and so on - search through the forums for those and you'll find plenty of info.) So what matters is the perfect combination of all the factors that affect BB trajectory.

· Registered
1,106 Posts
Mainly your hop up is your most important tool. That is what determines your range. My 540 fps w/ .2s R-Hopped KJW M700 shoots 320-360ft w/ .43's as its max range. Without hop, it starts to drop at about 50ft and has a max range of 80-100ft. Accuracy is determined by a combination of things. You need the right size high quality BBs, A decent Barrel, and a good hopup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.