Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just took apart my l96 because my new parts are bound to be in within a few days. And I believe I already had an AEG barrel in to begin with, am I right? The reason I am curious (besides wasting money buying another barrel) is that the bucking that was installed was not an aeg bucking but the stock sniper bucking? The Techs at Airsoft GI where the ones who installed it :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Honestly that looks like a VSR barrel to me. The slit that runs straight down the middle is foreign to me, though. What kind of barrel were they supposed to install?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well they claimed that it was a 6.01 that was it. This is undoubtedly my last order to asgi (not because of this ).

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
6.01 is too much anyways. You would probably be better off with a 6.03 and an r-hop instead. Did you see any increase in accuracy with that 6.01?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6.01 is too much anyways. You would probably be better off with a 6.03 and an r-hop instead. Did you see any increase in accuracy with that 6.01?
Well it was an "upgraded custom gun" from asgi so I never saw the original barrel to say how performance improved, but i will say with .30 it was 1/5 shots would hit a 20"x20" box at 150ft... really not impressed at all.. like I might have mentioned I have a pdi hop-up, 6.03 500mm prommy barrel, prommy hard bucking, and a planned r-hop sooner than later.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Not an AEG barrel bro, at least judging by the stock L96 barrel sitting in my lap. That's most likely their Masamune 510 "Precision Length" crap half arsed 6.01 barrel specifically for the L96. The Prometheus 6.03 M16 AEG barrel I have installed in my L96 with the PDI unit right now has the lengthwise slit on the opposite side of the hop window.

The basic point here is that they screwed up royally and gave you the wrong barrel. Part of my point being the wrong length-wise slit location, when comparing the the prommy barrel in my L96 and the part where that barrel looks like it's brass (maybe just the lighting) and prommy barrels are stainless steel and shiny silver. Another issue is that those 2 plastic rings come on the stock barrel, I would know because my silly self decided to go and break them on the first take apart of my gun.

It's the wrong barrel, again. I have a very similar set up (UTG upgrade kit, PDI unit, Prommy hard bucking, Prommy 550mm 6.03 barrel) and it consistently hits its mark out to 200+ft, as my 12 hits during a 3 hour game on monday can attest for. As well as the 3rd nipple I gave my friend when he was just outside my MED. You'd better file a complaint with GI, see if they can fix this because honestly it's just pathetic. And if they simply send you a new barrel, it won't come shipped all that well. My barrel got stuffed diagonally in a box with the barrel packaging bent in places, and one sheet of brown paper as packing. Thankfully the barrel was straight as an arrow, but I was much less than pleased with GI's packing.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Well it was an "upgraded custom gun" from asgi so I never saw the original barrel to say how performance improved, but i will say with .30 it was 1/5 shots would hit a 20"x20" box at 150ft... really not impressed at all.. like I might have mentioned I have a pdi hop-up, 6.03 500mm prommy barrel, prommy hard bucking, and a planned r-hop sooner than later.
Yeah do away with the 6.01 and get yourself a 6.03.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah.... this kind of stuff is why I will never order from them again. Like I mentioned I am getting a 500mm 6.03 do you guys think that's ok or would a 550mm have been a better choice?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had the same stock barrel in my L96, but it was a 6.05 (i broke the plastic ring too) and I had a soft bucking in my sniper. I gave the barrel to my cousin after buying a new one and he just took the rings off and put it in his AK. Any AEG barrel should fit in a L96, the ones to look out for are the barrels made for specific guns like a PSG barrel.

I'd say get a 500mm 6.03(I'm actually selling one), 6.01 isn't good for a sniper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.