Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I've had 2 air soft guns before a JG T3K3 G3 RAS Airsoft Electric Gun 101 and a JG M4 SIR Airsoft AEG Gun Rifle 6613 both from airsplat.com . I was wondering if this sniper(below) from Airsplat.com was a good price and what upgrades if needed should i get for it(i just copied and pasted the info from airsplat.com to here)?

WELL MB05 AWM APS2 Airsoft Sniper Rifle
Price: $149.95
Item Code AR-WELL-MB05-C2
Brand: Airsoft Sniper Rifle
Manufacturer: Well / Bell / Galaxy
Stock: Please Click on Above Item Code
Model: MB05 Airsoft Sniper Rifle
Description ShareThis
- Well MB05 Spring Airsoft Sniper Rifle - Same as MB04 But with Adjustable Stock
- Capacity: 30 Rounds
- 500 fps (0.2 g BB) / 200-250 feet
- Adjustable Hop Up
- Metal Folding Retractable Bipod Included
- Scope 3-9x40 Scope Included
- Precsions H-S Adjustable Stock
- Adjustable Cheek Rest
- Integrated Front and Top Scope Rail
- BB Speed Loader & Sling Included
- Fastest & Most Powerful Spring Airsoft Rifle Curently on Market
- Made in China

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's a decent gun, just keep in mind most of the info on there is bs.

L96 clone hop ups are notoriously shitty (they curve a lot), so at minimum I recommend you get the pdi chamber and a decent aeg barrel and bucking. After that you'll have a pretty solid rifle (although it won't be able to compete with the $800+ rifles by a long shot).

Further upgrades would be a new spring, cylinder set, piston, cylinder head, spring guide, and trigger.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
zulu said:
(although it won't be able to compete with the $800+ rifles by a long shot).
Ha, ha, ha,....I see what you did there, very funny ;)

To the OP its a reasonable starter gun, but notoriusly hard to upgrade as you will require parts from about 3 different types of gun to get it shooting anywhere near a good standard, and some of those parts still need modifying, because its only a half clone of a previously manufactured gun. If you are looking for a good reliable weapon that is easy to upgrade and cheap to initialy purchace a BAR 10 is your best bet, as its a 100% clone of a VSR and all the upgades fit into both guns. The manufacturers of cheap L96s have it easy atm, until TM release their version of VSR L96 then you will find they die out, as they are ultimatley crap. Dont just buy it because it looks like an L96 and its cheap, thousands have unfortunatly fallen into this trap, it will only cost you alot more than buying a top grade L96 in the long run ;) of coarse all this is easy for me to say as I've had a VSR L96 for about 18 months now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You said the Bar-10 well which one and i read that some of the reviews were saying that the bbs went all over the place. How will i know what upgrades to buy? This list below is all from airsoftgi.com on the first page of sniper (spring) list. Which one do you think is the best one? Is VSR a brand or a internal of another company for example Echo 1 is JG/Golden Bow. Is a Bar-10 a VSR-10?

JG BAR 10 G-Spec Spring Sniper Rifle (Scope Package) by JG
Airsoft Sniper Rifle/Rifle: $145.00 $135.00

JG BAR 10 G-Spec Spring Sniper Rifle Airsoft Gun (Gun Only) by JG
Airsoft Sniper Rifle/Rifle: $115.00

JG BAR 10 Spring Sniper Rifle (Scope Package) by JG
Airsoft Sniper Rifle/Rifle: $130.00

JG BAR 10 Spring Sniper Rifle Airsoft Gun (Gun Only) by JG
Airsoft Sniper Rifle/Rifle: $100.00

·
Registered
346 Posts
Lol, no offense meant vindi, I mean for *most* people. You can (probably) make a $250 rifle perform on par with a $1000 rifle, but 99.9% of airsofters are lacking in the expertise necessary to do that. I'm one of em, and I limit my DIY mods to shimming, teflon, tweaking trigger mechs, barrel polishing, that sort of thing.

As to rasputin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Zulu, I'm getting the gun because of its replica look to one of my favorite real guns. I was guessing it was an ok gun at best but i was going to see if i could use the thing for more than just looking at... oh well I still love the look of that gun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Honestly this is all bullshit.

If its a beginner sniper rifle there is NO need to upgrade anything. Buy the gun, play an ACTUAL event with it not some backyard plinkfest, and see if the role is for you.

If so then build an notoriously GOOD rifle build. Classic Army, Tokyo Marui, Maruzen.

Enough of this Bar-10 Bullshit.

I would appologize if I didnt sincerely mean those words.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Honestly I agree with Roman. Once you see that you like the role, a clone is just going to hurt you in the long run if you decide to get it.

That being said, the Bar-10 has the most stable hop up system and JG has some of the best QC among clone manufacturers. So if you HAVE to buy a clone, that's the gun to get.

I've shot both a stock bar-10 and a UTG L96 and there's no comparison

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to agree with Roman and zulu a backyard brawl isnt real airsoft, its not what airsoft is supposed to be about. There's nothing to do with military simulation when your just running around at 20 feet away unloading on each other with guns that came from china. China is good for beginners but if you want to be a REAL airsoft sniper you gotta use a REAL sniper rifle. Buy a gun you can use for an op. If you like to snipe, sell it and get a better rifle, if you don't then sell it to get a gun for the role you REALLY want. If anyone listen to those two, they know what they're talking about.

-JB

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased the Well MB05 and it was a decent sniper rifle for begginers. But after having it for about 6 months, i decided to field strip it and clean it 100%. But when i unscrewed the trigger box from the reciever, it broke and now its broke. :( But thankfully i have a g&g gr-16 carbine that im going to put the scope on when i get the carrying handle mount.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Hi there,

tomanybbs, please understand this is a forum to discuss about how to evolve and share the experience and marksmanship of airsoft sniping.

We do give our best advices based on our experiences and common sense (we do have some
). Almost everything is answered on this forum so you do not need to do anything else than give it some time and actually search the answers you are looking for.

We DO NOT start a fuss like this about which copied+pasted gun from this and that shop is better than the other. Read reviews and articles about the gun and don't go after the "simplest" way since it tends to be the hardest eventually anyway.

I'd like to warn you about doing that almost lethal concept mistake by referring an SNIPER RIFLE* as a SNIPER**.. But I hope you'll go now and read the rules and correct your words from now on. =)

*A SNIPER RIFLE is the tool USED BY SNIPERS.
**AN SNIPER is the PERSON USING the SNIPER RIFLE.

To cut short, if your goal is to find an ideal rifle to TRY OUT or TEST the magnificent way of playing airsoft, being the sniper, I suggest you to buy a clone that suits you best and by best I mean the compatibility to the rest of your gear (checking what you get with this new rifle and does it fit your set and stuff), your budget etc. DO NOT think about how to upgrade it yet, just simply get it and get out there and test it out. Airsoft sniper rifles work with the initial parts in them too you know. Upgrading is NOT a compulsory.

Oh and yes, I also do think alike with you Roman but I sincerely hope you clear up your language, yes we all might swear now and then but those words don't need to be sowed around, so to speak. It's not hard to express oneself in a way that doesn't offend others and is a pleasure to read. I'd really hate to warn you about this. =)

·
Registered
346 Posts
True, to some extent. Clones need to be fully upgraded internally to perform on par with the real deal. Whereas you can do minor upgrades on, say, a Maruzen, and get the same effect (for instance, sears instead of a full trigger mech

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.