Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know its not a tm but it is a vsr clone, so I thought it would be appropriate here. Anyway, in my bar-10 I have all Laylax internals (zero trigger, piston, spring guide, 170 spring, cylinder head, teflon cylinder, 6.03 barrel), a nineball bucking, and dangerwerx hop up arm. Now, after everything was installed, I took it out and shot and without hop-up it was getting around 135 feet, which I found under-impressive personally. I was having issues with the bolt cycle, so I spray silicon spray in the cylinder as well as soaked a #13 o-ring in silicon and then put it in. After, the bolt push was excellent, but now I'm getting probably about 80 feet of range with no hop-up on, and when I turn on hop-up I noticed nearly no difference. I believe from the start something was wrong. Any ideas? Could it be compression issues within my hop-up? I'm stumped at the moment.

·
Registered
714 Posts
My only idea is that the silicon spray has worked its way through the cylinder head, past the hop and into your barrel. Disassemble her and check it out... I mean you don't have to mess with the cylinder. Look for lube by your hop up after u unscrew the barrel and lemme know if I am right(please). A lubed up hop up is not going to give a bb the right spin(hop).

Sent from my MB870 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I got a 10 oz weight tub of white lithium grease from amazon. I slapped it on and that stuff isn't going anywhere any time soon. I used to use silicon spray and it kept getting into my trigger and hopup. Grease is much better than oil or spray.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you noticed no difference after increasing hop-up significantly, then there might also be an installation problem.

Just as a guess, your description of the situation sounds like you are:

1. Using heavy BB's
  2. Shooting below 550FPS (perhaps compression problems)
  3. Increasing the hop-up, but perhaps not enough.
If the problem persists after cleaning the bucking, please give us more detail :yup:.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
When you say 80 feet of range do you mean effective range or until it hits the ground? Also, compression problems wouldn't cause lower range. Some people run their rifles at 350 fps and still get 300m range with .3s.

When you shoot it with hop on full do you see the bb curving up? If not then the hop just isn't engaging, or is too lubed up to do anything. Like silent said, clean your bucking and barrel. You might also just have some crap inside of your barrel that's blocking the bb.

Take everything apart and make sure everything looks okay. I doubt anything was damaged but I'm just thinking of all possibilities here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the responses guys, and when I said 80 foot range I meant it was hitting the ground at 80 feet. It was bad. Anyway, I took what king..kranium said and took down my gun. There was definitely silicon spray in the hop-up and such. Long story short, I cleaned everything out, reassembled everything and today was hitting 220 foot shots consistently. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You probably put on way too much silicon and the extra stuff that didn't have anything to stick to sort of dripped out. You only need enough to coat it, you don't need to drown it. What I used to do was take a tissue and fold it up several time. I then sprayed a bunch of silicon on the tissue and rubbed the tissue over parts that needed lube. It cleaned and lubed at the same time. The first time I did this method the entire tissue turned black from the original grease they put on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.