Airsoft Sniper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys...

Here is another one for you. I have been planning on doing a custom stock for the G Spec that I have. Already have the materials on order and should be here by tomorrow.

Been looking online for some more ideas and possible parts. When I came across the JAE 100 stock for the M14 as well as the M700. I know that Kart has an M14 in this stock. But was wondering if anyone here has this rifle and how close to a VSR or even a Tanaka M700 it would be.

Would love to get one of these stocks and have it for the stock. But just need to know how much would it would be to mod one to fit the rifle.

Either that or does anyone know of a company that is selling a rifle in this style of stock?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It'll need a shed load of work mate :-/

I looked at putting my VSR into my EBR chassis when it was still redundant, but found the mag well was in the wrong place for me to cut metal out and still maintain structural strength.

Could be different on a normal style stock though, as it would be easier to fill the old mag well with something reasonably strong and cut a new one further along.

Plus theres the extra depth of the stock around the trigger group, getting the trigger to hang down far enough and still be able to activate the bolt over the butt might be an issue :-/

Thats just from what I can gather by quickly standing in me garage with my Veteran stock and VSR side by side ;)

I'll do a more detailed inspection and report back :)

EDIT

So I did a bit of a side by side with a set of calipers....

Bad news I'm afraid, a G-spec bull barrel will not fit into the front section of an M14 forestock, down its length.... a pro10 might..... just.... after some machining...... but a G-spec...... no.... even if you got brave and did some machining, its just to damn wide :(

If you could get over this though, I think if you placed the receiver carefully you could *just* get away with being able to pull the bolt and still be able to pull the trigger ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah was looking at that as well.

But there is a JAE stock that is for a Remmy M700 though. Though sadly there isn't a company that is making one for airsoft.

Even looked at getting the stock and putting a Tanaka in it. But the stock alone is $700.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
$700

Not this side of Xmas for one of those mate :-/

On a side note to this, I was surfing the web the other week and came across a utube link to a french guy who had bent his VSR stock using a heat gun and a wall paper joint roller to shape it into a pistol grip etc

not sure where I seen it now, think it might of been arnies but it could of been on one of the UK sites :-/

Jobs doomed to failure any way mate this is post number 666 for me ;)

Found it, its all in french but pictures say a thousand words, I understood frig all of what he is saying, not good for my efforts to be heading north of you ;)

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL .... ahhh just move here to my town
All is good here

Will have to take a look at that video. May make a cool project.

*edit*

Hmm .... I do have an extra stock. May have to give this a try. But instead of cutting it off and doing what he did there with the metal. Just cut a notch in the stock and bend it back up. Then do the adjustable stock like i did with the other one.

+1 for the GREAT FIND vindi!!

Well did the stock mod!! Here are some pics...

Now it isn't done yet... But will be soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.